News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ramadan?

Started by Colanth, August 08, 2013, 03:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

You'd think a powerful god like Allah would tell his people when his holy days were.

//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/28-day-ramadan-saudi_n_3714437.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
QuoteSheikh Adel al Kalbani, the former Imam of the Grand Mosque commented, "It is not acceptable that we sight the moon on Tuesday night as today is Ramadan 28. Determining the beginning and end of the fasting month must be subject to Sharia (Islamic law).
Really?  Some nonsense that some people made up 1,400 years ago determines the position of the moon?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Youssuf Ramadan

I say issue a fatwa against the moon, dammit!   :twisted:

LikelyToBreak

Damn.  It is so hard being a nut-case.   :rolleyes:   Nothing ever makes sense.  8-[

Poison Tree

It was cloudy here last night, so no one saw the moon; keep fasting.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aitm

everytime I see Ramadan I always hear ramalamadingdong.....go figger.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Colanth

Quote from: "aitm"everytime I see Ramadan I always hear ramalamadingdong.....go figger.
That's because those who practice Ramadan are a bunch of dingdongs.  Allah Be Praised!

Solitary

Shouldn't it be Ramadumb, or is it that Christendom should be Christendumb? This is the problem the first one gets your head cut off, and the second one gets you to hell.  And all with love. When anyone is willing to die or kill for a belief that might be wrong, they are either insane or delusional in my opinion.  :roll:  Is there any thing dumber to watch than an entire group of people praying  or marching to a drummer?  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

StupidWiz

Yeah, there's also divided opinion here in Indonesia whether the end of Ramadan was going to be Thursday or Friday. My family finally went with Thursday so... hurray, the month of suffering has finally come to an end... for now, thank the Pink Unicorn.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Colanth

Quote from: "StupidWiz"Yeah, there's also divided opinion here in Indonesia whether the end of Ramadan was going to be Thursday or Friday. My family finally went with Thursday so... hurray, the month of suffering has finally come to an end... for now, thank the Pink Unicorn.
Your family realizes that it's saying that some Imam was wrong about the start date, right?  And if he can be wrong about something so important ...

StupidWiz

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "StupidWiz"Yeah, there's also divided opinion here in Indonesia whether the end of Ramadan was going to be Thursday or Friday. My family finally went with Thursday so... hurray, the month of suffering has finally come to an end... for now, thank the Pink Unicorn.
Your family realizes that it's saying that some Imam was wrong about the start date, right?  And if he can be wrong about something so important ...
They'd put the blame on the Imam, he's going to get my family's sins if he's wrong, it's that simple for them.  :roll:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Colanth

Quote from: "StupidWiz"
Quote from: "Colanth"
They'd put the blame on the Imam, he's going to get my family's sins if he's wrong, it's that simple for them.  :roll:
So why would they ever believe him about anything important again?

Hydra009

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Damn.  It is so hard being a nut-case.   :rolleyes:   Nothing ever makes sense.  8-[
No kidding.  Islam is particular seems purposefully designed to be a hassle.  First, there's the Mecca thing (which really sucks if you're an astronaut).  Then daily prayers.  Then there's the ever-wandering Ramadan.  Just pick a date and stick with it, please.  And then there's pilgrimage...

StupidWiz

Quote from: "Colanth"So why would they ever believe him about anything important again?
Because he's supposed to know this kind of thing better than them. An authority figure that Muslims can look up to. Of course not all Muslims follow the same Imam, or any religious authority figures for that matter. For example, here in Indonesia there's known to be at least 2 "branch" (opinion/authority?) of Islam. Nahdhatul Ulama or we usually call them NU and Muhammadiyah. They often have different ideas about some issues in Islam. For example, the end of Ramadhan was supposed to be on thursday, said NU, while Muhammadiyah claimed it to be on Friday, etc. There are some other differences but I haven't been following them for a while. Don't really care about it anymore.  :-?

StupidWiz

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Damn.  It is so hard being a nut-case.   :rolleyes:   Nothing ever makes sense.  8-[
No kidding.  Islam is particular seems purposefully designed to be a hassle.  First, there's the Mecca thing (which really sucks if you're an astronaut).  Then daily prayers.  Then there's the ever-wandering Ramadan.  Just pick a date and stick with it, please.  And then there's pilgrimage...
I know right? It's all nonsense if you really really think about it and let yourself to be exposed to horrifying idea that you actually can question the dogma. They're so afraid of getting sins, or be burned in Hell that they deliberately overlook those bullshit.  :roll:

Colanth

Quote from: "Hydra009"Then there's the ever-wandering Ramadan.  Just pick a date and stick with it, please.
Christians could do that with Easter too.  First Sunday in April, or something like that.  No, they have to loudly proclaim, to any educated person, "we worship the moon goddess".