News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Looks Like Fun

Started by Solitary, August 08, 2013, 02:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

Jesus.... balls of steel!   :shock:

stromboli

Having worked on an air base, I've been up close and personal to B-17s. All I can say is its fun and games until you get sucked into a propeller.

Oh, and 2 words: prop wash. :-D

Solitary

Quote from: "stromboli"Having worked on an air base, I've been up close and personal to B-17s. All I can say is its fun and games until you get sucked into a propeller.

Oh, and 2 words: prop wash. :-D

:lol:  You know what? It's really hard to find prop wash when your told to clean those propellers.  [-(  Solitary

Solitary

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"Jesus.... balls of steel!   :shock:

Not really! Look at these guys: [youtube:2y9fxvjp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-7Qp7uzbQ[/youtube:2y9fxvjp]  I never worked this high, but I did work at 300 feet like this. If you have a good grip and balance it's not so bad after three days. But when I think about what I've done it creeps me out because I know I was just lucky. If you're thinking of going sky diving this is how it looks at the same altitude on your first skydive.  Solitary

Solitary

This seems to be a safer way to do it to me: youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHe3mRo4 ... 93/youtube   Solitary

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Colanth

I worked on radio towers for years.  Never got over the fear of height.  Now I limit myself to my roof - about 15 feet, and not too sharply sloped.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Aupmanyav

I have that, fear of heights. What is this known as? Experienced this a few times during my treks in himalayas.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

stromboli

I don't fear heights. I fear the falling and dying part.

Colanth

Quote from: "Aupmanyav"I have that, fear of heights. What is this known as? Experienced this a few times during my treks in himalayas.
Acrophobia.  All hominids experience it.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.