News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jmpty"My biggest peeve is people who are rude to service employees. I have intervened more times than I can count when I witness it.

Me too!   People tend to forget things like SOMEONE has to bring the food - SOMEONE has to get rid of the trash, etc.   Service jobs does NOT translate to "lesser than you".  And like you when I see it I speak up too.  

Having money doesn't necessarily mean one has class.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Atheon"What situations, habits, etc. peeve you?

I really hate it when people list their peeves.

LikelyToBreak

I think my biggest pet peeve is when someone says, "What you really think is,..."  Fuck them.  I am the world's foremost expert on what I think.  I may be wrong about what I am thinking, but Goddamnit, I know what the fuck I'm thinking better than anyone else.  And I don't giving a flying Rat's Ass what your magic book says.  You Nazi Communist bastard asshole, you are not as smart as you think you are.   Telling me what I think, really?  How fucking retarded are you?  You lame ass turd-licking waste of space.  They don't even try to lead up to it, like for instance saying, "Well maybe you are confused and deep down what you really think is,..."  Noooo, they just immediately start telling me what I think, like they're some wonderful dickhead psychic who can really read minds better than people can think with them themselves.   :axe

I have other peeves.  But, that is one of my biggest.  :oops:

Jmpty

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I think my biggest pet peeve is when someone says, "What you really think is,..."  Fuck them.  I am the world's foremost expert on what I think.  I may be wrong about what I am thinking, but Goddamnit, I know what the fuck I'm thinking better than anyone else.  And I don't giving a flying Rat's Ass what your magic book says.  You Nazi Communist bastard asshole, you are not as smart as you think you are.   Telling me what I think, really?  How fucking retarded are you?  You lame ass turd-licking waste of space.  They don't even try to lead up to it, like for instance saying, "Well maybe you are confused and deep down what you really think is,..."  Noooo, they just immediately start telling me what I think, like they're some wonderful dickhead psychic who can really read minds better than people can think with them themselves.   :axe

I have other peeves.  But, that is one of my biggest.  :oops:

So, What you REALLY think is.....
???  ??

LikelyToBreak

Jmpty wrote:
QuoteSo, What you REALLY think is.....
](*,)  Arrgh!

Colanth

Quote from: "Atheon"One is when someone hands me a cup of hot coffee or some other boiling liquid, and expects me to take it directly from their hands. What, do you expect me to just grab the cup with my bare hands when you're holding it by the one and only handle? Put it on the table!!
People say I have "asbestos hands", so that never bothers me.  My wife keeps telling me not to pick something up because it's hot, and when I pick it up it's not uncomfortable to me.

One of my hot buttons is misuse of English.  People who use "he and I", people whose nouns and verbs don't match in number, etc.  (Yes, I know that's a sentence fragment.)

I also don't like know-it-alls.  That really pisses off those of us who really do know it all.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

aitm

Quote from: "Colanth"People say I have "asbestos hands", so that never bothers me.

My Dad was considered by many in my town as the toughest mfer in the world. We would stick his hand in ice water for however long he  wanted with no effect, he once was seen with his hand on fire after working on a carburator(sp) and casually wiped it off. Once a concrete block smashed his hand and it looked nasty, blood and ripped skin and he kept working like it was a mosquito bite...

THEN.... he was found to have severe carpal tunnel...fixed that and voila he is just a normal schmuck now.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

Someone please explain to me this: trousers with only three pockets - two in the front but only one in the back.

Also, pockets so shallow or poorly designed that when you sit down, the contents spill out.

Why?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Plu

QuoteAlso, pockets so shallow or poorly designed that when you sit down, the contents spill out.

Why?

Form over function. It doesn't have to work, as long as it's pretty.

Colanth

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Colanth"People say I have "asbestos hands", so that never bothers me.

My Dad was considered by many in my town as the toughest mfer in the world. We would stick his hand in ice water for however long he  wanted with no effect, he once was seen with his hand on fire after working on a carburator(sp) and casually wiped it off. Once a concrete block smashed his hand and it looked nasty, blood and ripped skin and he kept working like it was a mosquito bite...

THEN.... he was found to have severe carpal tunnel...fixed that and voila he is just a normal schmuck now.
No carpal tunnel (although I do have a pinched nerve in my neck that causes the same problem in my left hand, since it's the other end of the same nerve).  Just a high pain threshold.  I've been picking tomatoes the past couple of months, and cutting my arms up on the cages - and not noticing anything until my wife asks me how I cut myself.  Always been this way, though.  Pain is just pain - ignore it and get on with life.  They say that you act that way if you're on morphine for pain, so maybe my body just makes a lot of endorphins when I'm in pain.

I don't ignore blood, though.  Infections can be nasty.  (So can the amputations that they necessitate.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Thumpalumpacus

People who get on the freeway doing 33 mph.  The onramp is where you get up to speed. You put everyone behind you on that onramp in danger because you're afraid.  Lead, follow, or GTFO.

People who interrupt.

Drunk people, when I'm sober.

Sober people, when I'm drunk.

People who complain about shit yet shoot down every suggested solution, even those that haven't been tried yet.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Lizzie Doodle

My biggest pet peeve is people on Facebook. Like when young girls post provocative pictures, and then post some dumb cheesy saying next to it. Example, "Make me remember you" or "It ain't over till I say , and its barely begun". UGH can't stand it.

Another pet peeve is the DMV. Enough said.
"Jesus loves you. He paid for your sins."
I would be happier if he paid my car off.

mykcob4

People that start peeves threads.
People that complain about peeves threads.
People that complain that the internet limits their ability to complain about people who start peeves threads.
People that explain that there are internet tools that can help when using the internet to complain about people that start peeves threads.
The fact that I'm on a peeves thread.
People in general.
Peeves in general.
Threads in general...oh damn theres a lose one now,...I'll just give it a tug...oh wha....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_antithesis

QuoteThat's why I wouldn't want to be psychic. I mean, I only get to hear like three percent of what people are thinking and I already hate almost everyone. If I could read minds I'd probably just end up knocking motherfuckers out.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"People who get on the freeway doing 33 mph.  The onramp is where you get up to speed. You put everyone behind you on that onramp in danger because you're afraid.  Lead, follow, or GTFO.

People who interrupt.

Drunk people, when I'm sober.

Sober people, when I'm drunk.

People who complain about shit yet shoot down every suggested solution, even those that haven't been tried yet.

:rollin:
Best post yet !!!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.