News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

What situations, habits, etc. peeve you?

I have many peeves.

One is when someone hands me a cup of hot coffee or some other boiling liquid, and expects me to take it directly from their hands. What, do you expect me to just grab the cup with my bare hands when you're holding it by the one and only handle? Put it on the table!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

hillbillyatheist

nitpickers, perfectionists, and people who constantly find ways to put you down and left them up. Also people that get annoyed at everything or are constantly angry. lastly people that refuse to engage in an intelligent discussion when disagreement arises. I'm referring to people that toss catch phrases like "talk to the hand" or try to think up comebacks or trap you in your words, or rather than simply talk and try to come to an understanding.   people that keep forwarding bullshit that has been proven wrong by snopes since forever. an example is I still see people forward horrible pictures of deformed sick babies, because facebook will donate money for every forward. That shit makes me want to punch them through my computer screen. Also self righteous, smug and pompous people. (basically anybody that thinks they are above you and make sure you know it) Also people who talk too softly and then when I ask them what they said, say never mind. just a heads up. deaf people and hearing impaired people hate you every time you pull that shit.

thats all I can think of right now.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Shiranu

People who feel the need to post their peeves as if it is some form of validation of their position and people who care what other people's peeves are.

Also, peeved that sarcasm and humour like that have to be explained on the internet because of the lack of ability to put tone into posts.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

People with a whole fucking laundry list of peeves AND people who find a need to revive peeve threads. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Shiranu"peeved that sarcasm and humour like that have to be explained on the internet because of the lack of ability to put tone into posts.
thats what emoticons help with. granted it may not be as ideal as tone of voice but its all we got.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Atheon

People who are peeved about other people airing their peeves! :D
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

hillbillyatheist

people peeved about people being peeved at people being peeved! take THAT!

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Atheon"People who are peeved about other people airing their peeves! :D
Yeah, that always pisses me off too. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:-k  I resent it when people get peeved at me when I get peeved about them being peeved at me.  :Hangman:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

Pet peeve = I hate not getting to finish my sentence when talking with someone due to them being rude dumbasses and jumping on their Every Single thought as though it's their last.

*sigh*
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jason78

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Pet peeve = I hate not getting to

I hate that too.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Pet peeve = I hate not getting to

I hate that too.

**shakes finger at Jason**

I saw what you did there.     :rollin:

Solitary

No kidding around. I have a pet peeve. When I say something to my wife she never answers me and I don't know if she heard me or not. And then she says: I HEARD YOU!   :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Solitary"No kidding around. I have a pet peeve. When I say something to my wife she never answers me and I don't know if she heard me or not. And then she says: I HEARD YOU!   :evil:  Solitary

yeah........   ::sigh::   my husband does that too.  Sometimes I want to plant a fork in his forehead.

just sayin

Jmpty

My biggest peeve is people who are rude to service employees. I have intervened more times than I can count when I witness it.
???  ??