News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Whenever I'm walking in a hallway or a narrow space like a grocery store aisle there always seems to be people in front of me who walk slower than a fucking snail and manage to block the entire path forward. Even the smallest of people will somehow find a way to block an entire hallway...I want to murder these people.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shiranu

People who mistake intellect or intellectualism for wisdom, or think complexity makes their message more meaningful.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 12, 2017, 03:17:21 PM
People who mistake intellect or intellectualism for wisdom, or think complexity makes their message more meaningful.

Old sales technique ... "Baffle them with bullshit".  These were called Sophists in ancient Greece, and is where we get the word "sophisticated".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95poa2z4Z-0&index=11&list=PLB3FeC-uYBBLdVr_-LZvqi5OVbBiWSE1_

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on March 12, 2017, 03:10:01 PMWhenever I'm walking in a hallway or a narrow space like a grocery store aisle there always seems to be people in front of me who walk slower than a fucking snail and manage to block the entire path forward. Even the smallest of people will somehow find a way to block an entire hallway...I want to murder these people.
Same.  Also, people who block doors.

I really wish I could generate a forcefield extending about a foot from my body that would knock people away who get too close and just sprint towards the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfmDuOxcN8

Baruch

i use BO as my secret weapon ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: WitchSabrina on August 07, 2013, 09:14:55 AM
yeah........   ::sigh::   my husband does that too.  Sometimes I want to plant a fork in his forehead.

just sayin

That's even worse when you are living single...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2017, 12:09:44 PM
That's even worse when you are living single...

Is that you Jeebus?  Miraculous resurrection, that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It really annoys me when some guy doesn't lock the door of a public restroom, and I walk in and see him on the crapper. How hard is it to lock the damned door!?

BTW, just in case you didn't already know this, the crapper was named after the fellow who invented the toilet.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2017, 08:17:12 PM
It really annoys me when some guy doesn't lock the door of a public restroom, and I walk in and see him on the crapper. How hard is it to lock the damned door!?

I grew up in a house where my dad and older brother just walked in to the bathroom even when the light was on, problem was the lock on the bathroom door was weak, and any hard thrust make it release, so they were always walking in on my despite my best effort to lock it.
I eventually put a deadbolt on the door, and did the same for my bedroom since my brother did the exact same thing there. I kinda now can't sleep unless the room I'm in has some kind of lock.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2017, 08:17:12 PM

BTW, just in case you didn't already know this, the crapper was named after the fellow who invented the toilet.

One version of the toilet.  Check Snopes.
http://www.snopes.com/business/names/crapper.asp

Sorry, but please try again next time;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

So I didn't win the consolation prize? Oh, well...

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2017, 04:31:25 PM
So I didn't win the consolation prize? Oh, well...

How about a bidet, where the middle is in the shape of a penis ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

People in the front of the line at McDonald's who carefully study the menu and ask dozens of questions. Hey, it's McDonald's. You've been there before, you know what you like: just order it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on August 07, 2017, 06:21:59 AM
People in the front of the line at McDonald's who carefully study the menu and ask dozens of questions. Hey, it's McDonald's. You've been there before, you know what you like: just order it!

When they replace order takers with touch-screens (I saw that already, 23 years ago) maybe they will realize the customer is self-help or no eat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Atheon on August 07, 2017, 06:21:59 AM

I haven't been at a fast food place in 10 years, but maybe boredom of familiarity creates uncertainty of choice? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!