News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

"I'd love to go to that seminar with you....but my probation forbides it."
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Jehovah's Witnesses. there should be an open season for them. I got hassled outside a 7-11 when buying milk. Told them I was an atheist and Jesus never existed. they ran away. Kill them.

Hydra009

People trying to make a left turn from the left lane when there's a perfectly good turning lane.  Watched two near-accidents in quick succession from people practically stopping in a busy street then turning from the wrong lane.  And apparently, turn signals are some sort of alien technology unfathomable to humans.

aitm

other people. What the fuck is wrong with all of you? Get out of my way!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 24, 2014, 08:03:08 PM
People trying to make a left turn from the left lane when there's a perfectly good turning lane.  Watched two near-accidents in quick succession from people practically stopping in a busy street then turning from the wrong lane.  And apparently, turn signals are some sort of alien technology unfathomable to humans.

Lol. My son's BMW has a large dent in it from exactly what you described, a lady talking on a cell phone and not using her turn signals.

Mequa

It peeves me the most when people who claim to be friends, turn on me and act spiteful, catty and intentionally hurtful. The fact that someone would terminate a friendship in such a manner and treat a former friend in such a way suggests a lack of personal integrity.

Good riddance to anyone I have met who turned out like that.

Munch

I've experienced this several times as a gay guy in certain circles, in similar vain to what you were saying Mequa, but something that pisses me off in this kind of group of people, both online or in person, are just how many gay men will claim to be your friend, be friendly with you, but the ONLY thing on their minds is them trying to get you in bed or send you erotic text or messages, all just using you for a quick way to jack themselves off to. Most don't give a shit about your life so they aren't friends, their just friendly to blow their loads, then just pass you off until they get horny again.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

I get peeved when gays hit on me and I say stop when they try to kiss me! And they don't listen, unless it is a pretty girl, then it is OK.  :syda: :lol:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Mild annoyance:  magazine cover dates.  I'm reading one right now that's circa 2015.

(originally posted on December 16, 2016)

Munch

Another thing that I've grown to really hate, is this thing with memes people use without any thought into context to it in real life.
I actually don't mind memes themselves, I often use them and make gifs myself for fun and use already known memes sometimes that aren't really harmful.

But what pisses me off are these memes that pop up where it almost idolizes a real life person to the extent that people love them, even if they really are just fucking assholes irl. For example there has been a sea of vladimir putin memes for a while now, that shit of him riding around on a bear, and the people who put those memes around didn't know shit about putin irl, they didn't care, they just began to idolize him because of those stupid fucking memes, they loved him because of a fucking caricature.

And the worst example of this came years ago, with the hype spread around to do with chuck norris. Everywhere on forums, in games, even advertisment, people idolized chuck norris, because of shit like memes and false pretense trying to make him out to be a badass. The reality is he's a fucking redneck, homophobic poser, who had his ass handed to him by Bruce Lee. But of course just like putin, nobody cares about the real life chuck norris and what an asshole he is, they just cared and still on care about the fantasy made up about him, spread about by memes and made up bullshit about him being the greatest.. I even remember games like world of warcraft using him for their advertisement.

Sorry, rant over, but yeah the overall peeve I have is how by people paying only attention to the memes and false pretense of some real life assholes, thinking them as awesome because of that shit, just keep reminding me of how sheepish they are.. infact, its the same with religion, sheep following on made up bullshit and being insulted if you tell them the truth about it all.

Gods not real, chuck norris is a douche and a loser, its all the same thing really.

Hydra009

Speaking of, confession bear with popular opinion puffin text.

Also, whatever the hell this crap is:

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 25, 2014, 06:19:51 PM
Speaking of, confession bear with popular opinion puffin text.

Also, whatever the hell this crap is:

FARG, people are stupid.  :rotflmao:
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mequa

Quote from: Munch on November 25, 2014, 11:26:38 AM
I've experienced this several times as a gay guy in certain circles, in similar vain to what you were saying Mequa, but something that pisses me off in this kind of group of people, both online or in person, are just how many gay men will claim to be your friend, be friendly with you, but the ONLY thing on their minds is them trying to get you in bed or send you erotic text or messages, all just using you for a quick way to jack themselves off to. Most don't give a shit about your life so they aren't friends, their just friendly to blow their loads, then just pass you off until they get horny again.
One "friend" who stabbed me in the back recently was a gay man. I have nothing against homosexuality though, but unfortunately that was not my only experience with a catty gay man, given to gossip and backbiting. Passive-aggression seems to be somewhat of a problem in the homosexual "community".

Munch

Quote from: Mequa on November 26, 2014, 01:38:32 AM
One "friend" who stabbed me in the back recently was a gay man. I have nothing against homosexuality though, but unfortunately that was not my only experience with a catty gay man, given to gossip and backbiting. Passive-aggression seems to be somewhat of a problem in the homosexual "community".

Trust me I've meet a few of those too, I mean in my gay community in my town theres a lot of nice guys, but theres also the ones I mentioned, and the prissy catty gay guys who will try to use the meeker and shyer guys to boost there own failed confidence. Doesn't matter if what someones sexuality is, your get them all over. There is no such thing as a perfect community of people.

Atheon

Quote from: Munch on November 25, 2014, 05:14:14 PMchuck norris is a douche and a loser
I knew that much when I saw him campaign for the repubelicans. I also lost respect for Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis and a number of other celebrities I liked because they campaigned for the repubes. If you support the pubes, you're not in my good people list.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca