Atheon

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren""Nucular."

"Excape."

"Expecially."
"Pundint."

"Tenant" (when they mean "tenet")

"Babdist."

"Realator."
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Plu

I don't think he's talking about you. Isn't that how Bush talked?

Atheon

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Yes, I have seen the sig. Go easy on me. My English is not really good, because it is my second language and I have never been to an English spoken country, so never used it actively. Grammar nazis makes me tense a little. It puts me off from the forum when people attack my English, right or wrong.
Don't worry... those are mistakes and odd pronunciations made by native speakers of English.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

LikelyToBreak

English words are pronounced differently in different parts, even within a country.  Often knowledgeable people can tell where you are from, by how you pronounce words.  It can be annoying, when you are trying to understand what people are saying and you can't.  

It is not just English though.  I knew a Japanese guy who I just couldn't understand.  Another guy took me aside and told not to worry about not understanding him, no one else could either.  The guy I had trouble understanding was from the southern part of Japan.  It always seemed, to me, that those in the Northern parts of Japan were easier to understand.  Just the way it is.   :-|

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren""Nucular."

"Excape."

"Expecially."

Yes, I have seen the sig. Go easy on me. My English is not really good, because it is my second language and I have never been to an English spoken country, so never used it actively. Grammar nazis makes me tense a little. It puts me off from the forum when people attack my English, right or wrong.
These are mistakes commonly made by my fellow Americans, and they annoy me. :P
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

My pet peeve now is the new pill dispensers where you have to pull a card out that is next to impossible to do, and then pop the pills out that either fly around the room or roll off the table. What is wrong with the bottles with safety caps?  If it is to discourage illicit drug users it doesn't stop them and just makes it harder for older people.  Dumb!   :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Today I had to refollow someone on instagram and act like I had no idea why I wasn't following her anymore.

In reality I unfollowed her because I was sick of my newsfeed getting cluttered with bible quotes and pictures of her niece that she is overly obsessed with.

Now I have to put up with it for a while again....

Plu

Weak. Should've just told her you're not interested in following her :P

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Plu"Weak. Should've just told her you're not interested in following her :P
In retrospect, that would have been a better plan.

She is one of my artist friends and we have this inside joke about playing cards between a few of us and she tagged me in the video.
I didn't see because she keeps her acct on private (probably because she is the single most tightly wound up and self conscious people I know)

but she asked me about it, and I panicked...

I'll give it a week. If there is more than 2 bible quote posts, i'm undoing it.

Fidel_Castronaut

Fat people on stairwells. Doubly so when they stop every few seconds for a breather.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Plu

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Fat people on stairwells. Doubly so when they stop every few seconds for a breather.

At least they're trying!

Farroc

People who think torturing puppies is evil, but have no problems with munching down on a big mac.

People who respond to debates with irrelevant metaphors.

People who think that because they know someone who's an expert on a subject, they're also an expert. "I can't be wrong, my dad is a historian!"

People who try to make others feel ashamed for something their ancestors or countryman did.

People who are condescending in a passive aggressive manner, like by disguising insults as compliments, so that if you call them out on it they can play innocent and make everyone think that you're the asshole.

People who justify their wrongdoings with bad stuff that has happened to them.

People who who point out all the flaws in an opponents arguments, but remain silent when someone on "their side" says something they know is stupid.

The whole 90's soccermom "educational" cartoon, turn your kids brains to mush barney and teletubbies mentality.

People who don't know the difference between justice and revenge.

People who complain that "No matter how much I diet and exercise, I just won't lose any weight". Unless you have some sort of disorder, you will lose weight if you diet and exercise enough. Doing a few situps and eating a fruitcup everyday is NOT diet and exercise. And no, it isn't "too hard" or "impossible", you're just weak willed.

People who use the phrase "man-up"

People who tell gamers to calm down when they get really pissed at a game. If you're so fucking calm, WHY DON'T YOU AND PLAY THE SCENE IN AC3 WHERE YOU HAVE TO CHASE DOWN CHARLES LEE, BUT THE GUARDS KEEP PUSHING YOU BACK WHEN YOU TRY TO GO THROUGH THEM, AND WHEN YOU FINALLY DO MAKE IT THROUGH THEM, YOU END UP STUCK IN A FLAMING SHIP WITH NOWHERE TO GO. Seriously. I am not at all exaggerating when I say that that videogame chase made me more angry than I have ever been in my entire life. I was alone when I played through it, but if someone had been there and they had tried to tell me to calm down I would've thrown my controller at their face.

People who belittle others because they spend "Too much time" doing "worthless activities" like playing games or watching anime. As long as they're not hurting anyone, what the fuck business of yours is it how much time someone spends doing something that makes them happy? I don't get onto you for spending 6 hours a day watching sports.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

PickelledEggs

Vegans / PETA activists. I'm all for being nice to animals and everything, but don't bombard my email with videos of how pigs are treated, or nicer ways to kill mice in your house.

Farroc

QuoteVegans / PETA activists. I'm all for being nice to animals and everything, but don't bombard my email with videos of how pigs are treated, or nicer ways to kill mice in your house.
I'm a vegan and I hate PETA. I agree with their core tenets(animals are not ours to eat, animals are not ours to wear, animals are not ours to test on etc...) But bizarre publicity stunts are only going to alienate people from the vegan cause. I'm more of a non-violent, direct action, ALF type of guy. "Terrorists" or not, they get shit done. And with the exception of a few retarded cells like the one that set caged minks free in a forest minks had no business being in, they harm nobody. Constructive vandalism and kidnapping animals works better than shame campaigns and forwarded emails any day.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks