News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

I hate The Real Housewives of ______. I really can't stand that brand of manufactured, vacuous interpersonal drama.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

invisibleandpink

Huh. Well, mine is an odd one. I was stationed in South Korea, right?

So, folk tend to ask me 'Were you stationed in North or South Korea?'

Do people realize just how fucking stupid a question that is? Especially since I'm an American soldier.
"Don't come to me 'less you got some evidence."

"And trust and believe, it better make sense."

stromboli

Quote from: invisibleandpink on September 29, 2015, 01:03:53 AM

Do people realize just how fucking stupid a question that is? Especially since I'm an American soldier.

Lol. Good to see you, Pink. Still active duty? Alright, well this old vet is glad you're back.

invisibleandpink

Pft. Unfortuently, man. Got 'till the very beginning of 2017. Then I'll be a regular ole' civilian again.

stromboli

Quote from: invisibleandpink on September 29, 2015, 01:40:31 AM
Pft. Unfortuently, man. Got 'till the very beginning of 2017. Then I'll be a regular ole' civilian again.

How was South Korea? Everybody I know that was stationed there came back with a bride. Learn to like Kimchi?

SilentFutility

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 28, 2015, 10:22:29 PM
I hate The Real Housewives of ______. I really can't stand that brand of manufactured, vacuous interpersonal drama.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately virtually every US "reality show" is very obviously manufactured.

Atheon

Quote from: invisibleandpink on September 29, 2015, 01:40:31 AM
Atheists in foxholes! Respect!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

invisibleandpink

Quote from: stromboli on September 29, 2015, 01:46:23 AM
How was South Korea? Everybody I know that was stationed there came back with a bride. Learn to like Kimchi?

Ugggghh. I still hate the smell and sight of that stuff. Got asked if I was from Africa once from some Korean chick, though. Highlight of my stay there.

* fistbumps atheon *

stromboli

Lol. I'll drop the topic. In any case, hope you can stick around.

Mike Cl

Quote from: invisibleandpink on September 29, 2015, 01:03:53 AM

I am not surprised in the least.  The first time I really realized just how stupid the average US citizen is, was about 30 yrs ago when a geography quiz (fill in the blank countries names) was given to the West Point cadets.  5% labeled the Soviet Union wrong.  Think about that. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

Keeping stuff you think you will have a need for, finally throwing it away and then suddenly having a need for it. AAARRGGGHHHHH!

:03: :41: :91: :embarrassed:

AllPurposeAtheist

People who fail to realize that any product that says NEW AND IMPROVED is basically admitting that the old product was shit to begin with ..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 29, 2015, 10:42:18 PM
People who fail to realize that any product that says NEW AND IMPROVED is basically admitting that the old product was shit to begin with ..

Also people who buy overpriced branded cosmetic products with adverts convincing us of 'the science' behind it, when in reality they have the same shit in them that cheap cosmetics do.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

Photography and videography peeves:

When I'm clearly filming something, and someone bumps me or walks right in front of the camera.

When I stop to take a photo and the person I'm with keeps walking right into my view.

People who take forever to take a simple snapshot.

People who take photo after photo of their friends in front of some beautiful scene, then when they're done they stand in the same spot to look a the photos they just took. Just take your pictures and get out of the way! (I call these people "scene hogs".)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca