The latest right to be lost: Fair Trial

Started by Nonsensei, August 05, 2013, 10:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-u-direc ... 43729.html

QuoteThe undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses.

Quote"It's just like laundering money - you work it backwards to make it clean," said Finn Selander, a DEA agent from 1991 to 2008 and now a member of a group called Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, which advocates legalizing and regulating narcotics.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Solitary

We are starting to sound more and more like a fascist country. When Einstein brought a friend here for immigration his friend told Einstein our Constitution permitted the country to become fascist. Einstein told him not to tell the immigration officer that. Of course he did. The immigration officer thought he was kidding and let him in. He wasn't kidding.  :-$  8-[  Solitary

The fact that our freedom is becoming slavery with business practices, we seem to be in a perpetual war for peace, and ignorance is seen as a great thing now in the United States, this doesn't seem so far fetched, and is scary to me.  :-$  8-[   :shock:   :cry:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

billhilly

Apparently the FBI didn't want to be left out of the latest fascist craze:

QuoteSecurity researchers tonight are poring over a piece of malicious software that takes advantage of a Firefox security vulnerability to identify some users of the privacy-protecting Tor anonymity network.

The malware showed up Sunday morning on multiple websites hosted by the anonymous hosting company Freedom Hosting. That would normally be considered a blatantly criminal "drive-by" hack attack, but nobody's calling in the FBI this time. The FBI is the prime suspect.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/0 ... m-hosting/

LikelyToBreak

And people still laugh at me when I say we now live in a police state.

Something which really concerns me is:
Quote"I was pissed," the prosecutor said. "Lying about where the information came from is a bad start if you're trying to comply with the law because it can lead to all kinds of problems with discovery and candor to the court." The prosecutor never filed charges in the case because he lost confidence in the investigation, he said.
When shouldn't a prosecutor not be concerned with, "trying to comply with the law?"

The Skeletal Atheist

So when I get a telescreen in every room of my apartment do I have to pay for them or are they complimentary? Also where do I report people for thoughtcrime? Do I go to the normal police or somewhere else?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.