Barney Frank out as an atheist.

Started by Brian37, August 05, 2013, 06:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Wonderful! Glad to know we've at least have some representation for a while. He's a fighter for the people and I've long been a supporter of him.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Eric1958

Quote from: "Atheon"Wonderful! Glad to know we've at least have some representation for a while. He's a fighter for the people and I've long been a supporter of him.

Ugh, you know he's retired now right?

GSOgymrat

Not just an atheist but a "pot smoking atheist."

Atheon

Quote from: "Eric1958"
Quote from: "Atheon"Wonderful! Glad to know we've at least have some representation for a while. He's a fighter for the people and I've long been a supporter of him.

Ugh, you know he's retired now right?
I thought he was still in the House, but was retiring at the end of his term.

Doesn't change the fact that he was in the House for decades.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Eric1958

Doesn't change the fact that he was in the House for decades.[/quote]

Good point, but could he, even in his "safe" district, have been elected if he had been an open atheist?

I'd like to think so, but I'm skeptical.

Eric1958

Doesn't change the fact that he was in the House for decades.[/quote]

Good point, but could he, even in his "safe" district, have been elected if he had been an open atheist?

I'd like to think so, but I'm skeptical.

According to Wikipedia, he finished up his service on January 3rd of this year. He was one of the most intelligent and reasonable congressmen we had.

Colanth

Wait for some fundies to equate his homosexuality with his atheism.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.