US alert on global terror threat, embassies closed in the ME

Started by drunkenshoe, August 05, 2013, 03:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... 0911.story

Quote"There is an awful lot of chatter out there," Senator Saxby Chambliss, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

He said the "chatter" - communications among terrorism suspects about the planning of a possible attack - was "very reminiscent of what we saw pre-9/11."

Does anyone know anything about this?

Shiranu

I know some of my family is being recalled and are annoyed about it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the (thousand some?) Taliban that were jail-broke recently?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason78

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Does anyone know anything about this?

Well if it's going to be anything like the 9/11 attacks, the US government will make sure that they have the Bin Ladens out of the country before the planes hit.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Solitary

Does anyone else besides me think the terrorist are wining?  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

Quote from: "Solitary"Does anyone else besides me think the terrorist are wining?  :roll:  Solitary

In a way. Maybe at some point people will learn that you cannot beat terrorists by shooting them.

Plu

"anyone"? Plenty of people would prefer the world to be peaceful.

Powerhungry people who just want to gather more money and power at the cost of the entire world? They have no reasons to end terrorism. It's a great way for them to achieve their goals.

billhilly

Why indeed.  Terrorism makes a much better perpetual enemy than Eurasia and Eastasia.

Plu

Festival was great! Actually Castlefest is incredibly laid back and not at all known for copious alcohol consumption. There's some drunks, but it's only a fraction. I had some fun listening to the music and walking the market, and met a lot of great and enthusiastic people.

Also I bought some delicious liquor that I'm planning to use to bake some awesome cookies.  8-)

LikelyToBreak

Is there really more "chatter" or is this just a way to justify more funding in what is largely an illegal program.
QuoteRepublicans and Democrats alike on Sunday television talk shows said the threat was serious and sought to defuse the controversy over the NSA surveillance programs, which critics say are an invasion of privacy and civil rights.
And as you can see, both sides of the party are for it.

Colanth

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Does anyone know anything about this?
I'm guessing that nobody, not even the government, actually knows anything about this.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jason78

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"And as you can see, both sides of the party are for it.

When republicans and democrats collaborate the outcome is rarely in the interests of the american people.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"I know some of my family is being recalled and are annoyed about it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the (thousand some?) Taliban that were jail-broke recently?
And right on the heels of the end of Ramadan, too.  Odd timing.

surly74

Stephen Colbert had it right last night. In cooperation with cable TV, the US government has issues terror warnings.

They don't even need a reason to issue an alert, the media gobbles it up and makes people suspicous of everything.

Good job cable news.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson