News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Texas Police

Started by SixNein, August 05, 2013, 01:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

Texas is a small government?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

SixNein

Quote from: "Colanth"Texas is a small government?

It was pretty small for those women. Obviously, they weren't being represented well.

Solitary

Police State indeed! If it is their policy and a girl won a lawsuit and it is illegal, why is the chief of police and anyone involved not fired and sent to prison like anyone else would be that was involved in a sexual assault? All for marijuana that is unjustly considered a narcotic which it isn't by definition.  :evil:  I hope that police department goes broke from lawsuits. To protect and serve who? :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

billhilly

Police are not consistently held to the same standard as you or I would be in Texas or anywhere else.  Check out Radley Balko's blog on Huffpo or the police misconduct forum from Cato for stories like this from all over the country every single fuckin day.  It's depressing.

LikelyToBreak

This is all due to Nixon's War on Drugs.  Which he started to distract people from his failures in Vietnam.  We lost the damn war already.  How much longer are we going to have to live in a police state before people wake up?  

Oh well, the party can just put the blame on overzealous cops, just doing what they have been told to do, and we can continue to support the horse thief of our choice come election day.  While calling ourselves the freeist people in the world and strapping on our own chains.

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"Police State indeed! If it is their policy and a girl won a lawsuit and it is illegal, why is the chief of police and anyone involved not fired and sent to prison like anyone else would be that was involved in a sexual assault?
The cops involved WERE fired, but I also would like to know why they weren't at least indicted.  Oh, being serious I KNOW why they weren't, but they should have been.  If any one of us had just (and I'm not using "just" to lessen the severity) put a hand down that woman's pants a couple of inches, we'd be behind bars so fast it would take our shadow a while to catch up to us.

Farroc

The second I turn 18 I am getting the fucking hell out of here faster than the "Whaaaazzz uuup" fad burned out. What's the best city for an atheist vegan misanthrope who dresses in all black and hates pop culture to live? I've heard Seattle, Tokyo, and Germany are all nice.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Farroc"The second I turn 18 I am getting the fucking hell out of here faster than the "Whaaaazzz uuup" fad burned out. What's the best city for an atheist vegan misanthrope who dresses in all black and hates pop culture to live? I've heard Seattle, Tokyo, and Germany are all nice.
Germany is a pretty big city. :P
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Farroc

I never said city. I just meant that all of Germany sounds like a nice place to live. At least compared to America.

Places I'm no longer considering living.

South AmericaNot....industrialized enough.
AfricaToo violent
ChinaI hate Chinese food
CanadaToo rural
Eastern EuropeToo communisty
JapanToo much Radiation poisoning
The SouthToo many stupid people
AustraliaToo many bugs, and too hot
MexicoToo much gang violence
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Colanth

In any really large cosmopolitan area, you'll fade into the crowd.  I grew up in NYC.  No one would notice someone dressed in black.  (Probably be difficult getting a decent job, though, no matter where you go.)  As far as atheism, I doubt that I knew the religious stance of more than a few people who weren't friends.  No one there cares.  (Too cold and too expensive for me these days, but not a bad place if you're young.)

LA, San Diego, San Francisco if you like the Pacific.  Any large city in the world if you like its climate and politics and speak the language.  (You may have to keep the atheism under cover in some places, even if they're large cities.)