News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stories of leaving Islam.

Started by Brian37, August 03, 2013, 06:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

Interesting.  One of the major benefits of modern technology is the ability for people to share information and ideas over the internet and 'meet' like-minded people.  Hopefully this will lead to more people being able to see through the fog of religion and step out of it without feeling like they are alone.   :)

Solitary

We can only hope the light of reason shines bright enough for the blind to see. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

I think the cracks are showing and growing.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Solitary

8-)  

NOW

World Population Percentages by Religious Group
religious 60%, non-religious and anti-religious 40%.  :-D

20 YEARS A GO

World Population Percentages by Religious Group
religious 86%, non-religious and anti-religious 14%.
What's that tell you?

However Islam is the fastest growing religion.  :shock:   :roll:   :cry:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

Meh, I think technology will slow that last stat down. The more dicks in Islam who act out in violence wont help their cause.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"However Islam is the fastest growing religion.  :shock:   :roll:   :cry:  Solitary
That's misleading, seeming to say that more and more people are choosing Islam.  I'd accept that Muslims are having more children than any other religious group.  (MOST subjugated women are used as little more than breeders, not just Muslim women.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Colanth

How can the cause of the unrest have the answer to it?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Brian37

Quote from: "treeman"Do you ever wonder why all the turmoil in the middle east?
Does the Bible have the answer?
http://www.amazingbible.org/Documents/B ... Ismael.htm

It did, and because of Jefferson and Paine we escaped the Dark Ages.

Comparing modern Christianity to modern Islam is stupid. Christianity has a a leash on it and has had so for 200 years. Most of Islam in the East does not have that leash. The bible promotes pluralism and democracy as well as North Korea does.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Brian37"It did, and because of Jefferson and Paine we escaped the Dark Ages.
The dark ages were over a good 700 years before these men were born. :wink:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Brian37

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "Brian37"It did, and because of Jefferson and Paine we escaped the Dark Ages.
The dark ages were over a good 700 years before these men were born. :wink:

Saw that coming.

Even after the Constitution ink was dry, the tribalism still existed, but much more so before. Even in the states we had the "Salem witch hunts".

So arguing over severity of stupidity of people who use religion to oppress others does not mean it was all rosy with the founders, even they owned slaves.

Shiranu

Seems Jefferson and Paine didn't do too good of job then. And if severity isn't an issue than one could say we are still in the Dark Ages, or we were never in them to begin with.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Brian37"Even after the Constitution ink was dry, the tribalism still existed, but much more so before. Even in the states we had the "Salem witch hunts".
In 1692. :wink:

Brian37

Quote from: "Brian37"Even after the Constitution ink was dry, the tribalism still existed, but much more so before. Even in the states we had the "Salem witch hunts".

I know this.

There were colonies before there were the United States. Jefferson and Paine lead us away from things like this. But even after we still had slavery and sexism.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Brian37"

I know this.

There were colonies before there were the United States. Jefferson and Paine lead us away from things like this. But even after we still had slavery and sexism.
The way you worded it made it sound like you believed those events took place after the constitution was written.