Woman sentenced to 16 months for being raped

Started by Valigarmander, July 20, 2013, 12:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmpty

Don't go there. Like those "Hikers" who "strayed" into Iran. WTF? Why are you even there? Ever hear of research?
???  ??

aitm

Quote from: "Jmpty"Don't go there. Like those "Hikers" who "strayed" into Iran. WTF? Why are you even there? Ever hear of research?

I could not agree more. Jesus H Christ. Are you kidding me? I thought that it would be so ridiculous that these people would indeed have to be spies, just stupid ones because surely anyone in their right mind taking an adventure like that would say to each other, "let's make sure of our path since we are going to be about a half mile from the land of people who will gladly cut our heads off."
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

gussy

Why go to a place that doesn't want you to drink?  Traveling is much more fun when they shove booze in your face.

Jmpty

???  ??

surly74

the man she accused of rape is a colleague so it's not like she was gang raped by locals.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Colanth

It's still rape.  Probably worse, since you'd think a colleague would protect you.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Brian37

Quote from: "Jmpty"They let her go. How thoughtful.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23404042

Exactly, who gives a fuck that assaulting another human being is wrong, if you have a vagina, by proxy you invited it.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

NeoLogic26

That's great and I am happy for the woman, but this changes nothing about my feelings for countries with laws like UAE. If you require the civilized world to shame you into doing the right thing, you are still a piece of shit.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Shiranu

Quote from: "surly74"the man she accused of rape is a colleague so it's not like she was gang raped by locals.

No, but I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of women in jail in the UAE right now who weren't foreigners and got media attention who were raped by locals... and many, many more who are currently being abused or were raped but didn't go to the law because the gov't doesn't give a shit about women's rights.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

DunkleSeele

Yep, and they also let the rapist go. The same rapist who, in the beginning, got a lighter sentence than the victim.  :rolleyes:

surly74

Quote from: "Colanth"It's still rape.  Probably worse, since you'd think a colleague would protect you.

that's what i was thinking...
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Fidel_Castronaut

If I were of a rapey disposition, Dubai would be top of my list of countries to visit.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Savior2006

Quote from: "NeoLogic26"Why the fuck would anyone go near that shithole? The entire Middle East is plagued with Islam and no amount of money can fix that. Oh, you have the tallest building in the world? Fucking great, go shove it up your ass! I'm sick of hearing people getting bullied by these fascists for having a marijuana seed in their shoe or some such shit. Fuck morality police.

I have a Muslim friend who writes with me in the college newspaper. She's bright, and intelligent and travels to the Middle East all the time (last I heard she was in Syria). You ask why anyone would go there, but you have to realize the citizens DO call that place home, and people a lot of times don't like leaving their home. Have you read Persepolis? It's the same thing with Iranians I think. They love their country but hate their fucking idiot governments, and I think it's the same for a lot of people in developing countries or even middle income countries.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

LikelyToBreak

I saw something like this a while back and wondered why?   :-?

Then I saw this: [youtube:bnv7aw3e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7_TKgw1To[/youtube:bnv7aw3e]

Now I think I understand.   :evil:

Lizzie Doodle

Seriously the world get's stupider each minute. Change and progress seems so useless when I hear cases like these. I feel bad for the victim. Sigh.
"Jesus loves you. He paid for your sins."
I would be happier if he paid my car off.