Nite Owl or Morning person?

Started by WitchSabrina, July 30, 2013, 12:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Shiranu

A. Seems accurate in my case, anyways.

B. Fuck Edison, credit stealing asshole. The light bulb was around long before Edison.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

WitchSabrina

:rollin:   Don't hold back.  Tell us how you feel.   :rollin:

(I love your posts!)

surly74

i don't know. i have narcissitic traits but also some morning person traits. This was so vague that anyone could say...that's me.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

WitchSabrina

Wonder what it means if you're a Morning person And a nite owl?   Cause I'm both.  I only need about 4 or 5 hours in the middle somewhere.  :rollin:

LikelyToBreak

Seems to me to be a false dilemma.  I don't think people are that simple.

Solitary

I just love it when they do psychological studies with "science says." We all learned how great a scientist and inventor the American Thomas Edison was, when he was just a tinkerer, when we were in grade school, and never heard about Nicola Tesla the Serbian scientist and inventor extraordinaire that Thomas Edison, who electrocuted dogs with AC currents to show how safe DC current he promoted were, which in fact are more dangerous, and ripped off Tesla who gave us the means to have all the modern technical advances we have, and Edison probably stole his ideas. Edison was a perfect example of the ugly American.  :shock: But of course I'm a Night Owl.  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Solitary"I just love it when they do psychological studies with "science says." We all learned how great a scientist and inventor the American Thomas Edison was, when he was just a tinkerer, when we were in grade school, and never heard about Nicola Tesla the Serbian scientist and inventor extraordinaire that Thomas Edison, who electrocuted dogs with AC currents to show how safe DC current he promoted were, which in fact are more dangerous, and ripped off Tesla who gave us the means to have all the modern technical advances we have, and Edison probably stole his ideas. Edison was a perfect example of the ugly American.  :shock: But of course I'm a Night Owl.  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary

**snicker**   niiiiice.    :rollin:

Colanth

Correlation isn't causation.  I've been both.  Right now I'm a bit of a night owl, but there were decades in which I was up with the sun and could barely stay up past sunset.  Maybe someone gave me a gene transplant I'm unaware of?  Or maybe both studies are a bit of BS?

Man is basically diurnal by genetics.  We have relatively small eyes among mammals (some of which are nocturnal) and we tend to sleep when the temperature falls.  But there are individual variations.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Wonder what it means if you're a Morning person And a nite owl?   Cause I'm both.  I only need about 4 or 5 hours in the middle somewhere.  :rollin:

Oh that's momcturnal, Bri. A type mostly seen among women and a few men. Married with children and grandchildren class.

Sorry I missed this earlier.   I've never heard of Momcturnal but it sure makes a lot of sense.   :rollin:

mykcob4

I'm a niteowl....definately. always have been always will be!

PickelledEggs

Holy CRAP. That is spot on for me.

I go to sleep around 5 or 6 am and wake up around 12 or 1.... So I'm nocturnal. In other words, I'm not awake at all in the morning.

I draw and paint for a living, so that covers the creative part...
I would also say I am extremely narcissistic, although with the exception for this thread, I tend to keep that to myself.

And I agree Shiranu, Edison is an A-hole. Tesla FTW

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Holy CRAP. That is spot on for me.

I go to sleep around 5 or 6 am and wake up around 12 or 1.... So I'm nocturnal. In other words, I'm not awake at all in the morning.

I would also say I am extremely narcissistic, although with the exception for this thread, I tend to keep that to myself.

Aren't all of us artists narcissistic?  I thought that was a prerequisite.  ?  :rollin:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Holy CRAP. That is spot on for me.

Aren't all of us artists narcissistic?  I thought that was a prerequisite.  ?  :rollin:
I guess that levels the playing field. :rolleyes: lol

I know I am important, But I won't deny that other people (think) that they are important.  :rollin:

Wow, I'm a jerk haha.

PickelledEggs

LOL I just read my bio on my website.

QuoteHe communicates this very clearly, and sometimes even bluntly, through his images utilizing metaphor and high technical ability.

If that isn't narcissism, I don't know what is.   :lol: