‘Disgraceful’ for Pregnant Women to Show Their...wait for it

Started by drunkenshoe, July 30, 2013, 04:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jason78"Try breastfeeding in public.  I've seen more women get offended by that than men.

The reason some people get offended by breastfeeding in public is some of us ladies know there IS a polite way to do that.  Watching some gal disregard anyone near her (just because she can) is right there with disregarding any other of the social graces. You do not have to risk offending ANYone when a feather-weight, receiving blanket does the job and  cover-up is so so very easy.
Yes, breastfeeding is the most natural thing to do in the whole world.  So?  No woman has to make a spectacle of herself doing it. I have always thought women who whip out a boob simply because they happen to be a breastfeeding mommy are attention seekers.    Besides - anyone can be crude.  It takes actual effort to be a lady.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Plu

I don't really know what else to say. If someone posts a single line that offers no contextual clues that it's reacting to a specific part of the opening post, I always assume that it's not actually referring to a specific part of the article, and leave out the specific context of the post.
Usually (like in this case), that's the correct way to interpret such a post. As shown by jason; you're the only one who failed to interpret his post correctly. Generally speaking when all except one person understand a post correctly, the maker of the post isn't the one to blame...

Half the posts on this forum aren't in context of the whole content of the opening post. It's usually better to just assume that unless there's a clue that it's a direct response to the article, that it isn't. You'll be right most of the time and unlikely to antagonize the whole forum in the cases where you turn out to be wrong.

Plu

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Why don't we all just stick to the subject?

If you have something interesting to add on the subject, feel free to share :P Other than my original post, I really don't have anything worthwhile to add here. It seems to be another generic case of "religious person failing at life".

surly74

i think we all agree that the laywer in the article is an idiot.

i think we all agree that islam is ridiculous.

i think we all agree that pregnant women are fine swinging their bellies in public.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "surly74"i think we all agree that the laywer in the article is an idiot.

i think we all agree that islam is ridiculous.

i think we all agree that pregnant women are fine swinging their bellies in public.

Yep Yeah  =D>  =D>   lol

WitchSabrina

Why must we ALWAYS dissect Drunkzie?  Why?  Let the woman be for petessake.  ::: sigh :::

Plu

QuoteThis is NOT my standard response, so don't worry.

I know. I'm actually usually on your side, but this all just seems a big blow-up over nothing.

QuoteWhy must we ALWAYS dissect Drunkzie? Why? Let the woman be for petessake. ::: sigh :::

You realise we cannot let women have opinions. I mean; what'd be next? Them parading their pregnant bellies around the village square?  8-[

surly74

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Why must we ALWAYS dissect Drunkzie?  Why?  Let the woman be for petessake.  ::: sigh :::

opression. I have a big bowl of oppression for breakfast.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Plu

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Why must we ALWAYS dissect Drunkzie?  Why?  Let the woman be for petessake.  ::: sigh :::

Turn them into frogs, Bri!  :-D Esp. please make Jason and the one thinks himself surly, bright red with yellow-purple stripes,lol.

You just say that because you secretly want to kiss them so they turn into princes  [-X

WitchSabrina

Turn them into frogs, Bri!  :-D Esp. please make Jason and the one thinks himself surly, bright red with yellow-purple stripes,lol.

But...but I like Jason and Surly.   :rollin:

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Plu"

You just say that because you secretly want to kiss them so they turn into princes  [-X

If/When I make this fabulous thing happen - can I be God then?
 :rollin:

Shiranu

I'm uh... I'm just going to clarify what I meant...

When I said men, I meant men. When you look at the people who are vocally involved when ever a sexual topic comes up, for the side of regulating sexuality, its men. Now to be fair, a part of that I would assume is the disproportionate amount of men to women in politics, but even then its rarely women who are trying to pass laws banning abortions, being unable to say the word vagina in court (even though they want to regulate it) or in this case talk about women being pregnant in public.

Yes, there are women who are anti-abortion and women rights, just like there are black and gay Republicans. But they are a huge minority in their own party, much less the total population. And pretty much anytime something like this comes up...be it in the U.S., Turkiye, Europe... wherever... it is generally spearheaded by men. Men who cant even discuss the topic at hand because they have to use all these code-words because they are so dweeby they cant say vagina or abortion or, "Omg I can't control myself! She had boobs so I was tempted, therefor it's all her fault!".

And yeah, I meant female biology because that was the topic at hand. Though men do have more problems, from what I have seen, with male sexuality and biology as well. Not by much, but certainly a little.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

surly74

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"You just say that because you secretly want to kiss them so they turn into princes  [-X
QuoteI'm more like licking them to get high type than kissing around to get princes,lol.

this thread just got interesting.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Plu

Heh. Now it gets even more interesting  :rollin:

Thanks for the extra information shiranu.