News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Old Seer

Started by Old Seer, July 28, 2013, 12:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Quote from: "Solitary"I think Cosmic imperative is a better term than force.  :shock:   :popcorn:  Solitary

Maybe so. Bear in mind- that "you" also exert "force"/"the cosmic imperative" into the works. In essence then, you are also "God". You are a cosmic imperative with intelligence. Think about that. Evolution has created something unique. Not just something force acts upon, but something that can reason a force, or to be a force of it's own.  That's where Alpha Smurf comes into the setting, to make all aware of "the self". That's the essence of Adam, to know one's self. And, that's what the book is about, and not what the middle/dark age Europeans think or say it is.  The book is about ---to govern one's self.  :)

stromboli

I'm with Pappy. sounds deistic to me. Welcome to the hive mind/smurfness that is, uh, old seer.

bericks999

So this group of yours has been operating or should I say contemplating these ideas since before 1977?

I say this because Star Wars was originally released in '77!
... I swear, one day religion is going to physically poison me to death.

Old Seer

Quote from: "stromboli"I'm with Pappy. sounds deistic to me. Welcome to the hive mind/smurfness that is, uh, old seer.

Thanks you for the Welcome.

Nope- from what we understand/see there's no such person/thing as a deity--unless one is led to believe there is -or creates one for them self, which would be an "untruth". The first thing we find about religions---they don't understand themselves. The bedrock of Alpha Smurf is Atheism. There is no deity in the book. It's a claim of old time Euros. Adam was not a Deist or Theist.

However--- we can't be true Atheists because there is "a" God. We believe in life. life is also God as life is also force. No sense in worshiping life -as life is what it is, and worship doesn't change "life".  :)

stromboli

Actually not an argument there. The idea of a living force ("The Force", if you want) preceded Star Wars. And a god doesn't have to be any one thing such as portrayed in earthly religions whose gods are personifications of human ideas. Philip K. Dick's idea was that of a "Vast Acting Living Intelligence System" (VALIS, a trilogy)

You might also check out Gnosticism- sounds like there might be elements of it in your belief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Plu

Sounds to me like a whole bunch of definition shuffling and obfuscating to make it sound more profound then it really is.

You're effectively saying "we call everything god". But we already have a good word for "everything", namely "everything".

mykcob4

Quote from: "Old Seer"Old Seer,
Is a member of a contingent of individuals referring to themselves as "The Smurfs". Collectively we refer to ourselves as "Alpha Smurf". The group consists of 2 physicists (myself being one), 3 Psycho Smurfs, 1 Engineer Smurf, 1 Bio smurf, 2 Farmer Smurfs, 1 Doctor Smurf GP, 3 Electronic Smurfs (or hacker Smurfs), 1 Archeo Smurf, 30 individuals in all. There are no Smurfettes. The Smurfs originate from a sports/adventure club who collectively took up the study of a book referred to as "The Bible". We took on the likeness of Smurfs from the various field of life's endeavors we are in. We have found/encountered a new and different interpretation of the book and have taken on the undertaking to make that interpretation known to others/people.

For concept. We find:
The Atheist to be correct that there is no super human intelligent being existing that created the universe.
The Creationist to be wrong in asserting that there is, and that an intelligent being created the universe.
The Atheist is wrong. There "is" a God, but not as thought of in the usual terms, nor commonly understood.   :)
So you alone joined the forum? What about the rest of the Smurfs? Will you speak for them or just yourself? Will you conviene on every thread that you post on? What the hell is going on here? Can you be more specific?

stromboli

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Is a member of a contingent of individuals referring to themselves as "The Smurfs". Collectively we refer to ourselves as "Alpha Smurf". The group consists of 2 physicists (myself being one), 3 Psycho Smurfs, 1 Engineer Smurf, 1 Bio smurf, 2 Farmer Smurfs, 1 Doctor Smurf GP, 3 Electronic Smurfs (or hacker Smurfs), 1 Archeo Smurf, 30 individuals in all. There are no Smurfettes. The Smurfs originate from a sports/adventure club who collectively took up the study of a book referred to as "The Bible". We took on the likeness of Smurfs from the various field of life's endeavors we are in. We have found/encountered a new and different interpretation of the book and have taken on the undertaking to make that interpretation known to others/people.

For concept. We find:
The Atheist to be correct that there is no super human intelligent being existing that created the universe.
The Creationist to be wrong in asserting that there is, and that an intelligent being created the universe.
The Atheist is wrong. There "is" a God, but not as thought of in the usual terms, nor commonly understood.   :)
So you alone joined the forum? What about the rest of the Smurfs? Will you speak for them or just yourself? Will you conviene on every thread that you post on? What the hell is going on here? Can you be more specific?

Like I said, hive mind. The group collective. OMFG- its the Borg! Run!!!!!!!

mykcob4

Well this idea that the bible is actually valid and just misinterpreted is ......HOGWASH. The bible was written by men roughly 2000 years ago and its their ideas that are written in the bible. The bible is just as mythological as the unicorn and just as misguided. I don't like the fact that you would give any credibility to the bible by your "new" method. It has been tried before and it is just a bunch of crap. You can't pidgeon hole a work of mythology and make it fit science. As scientist (if indeed you are) wouldn't ever attempt such a thing. If you are really believe this crap you are doling out, submit the bible to the British Academy of Science, include all YOUR redefinitions. Lets see what they think of it. They won't even give you the time of day, that is unless they revoke your collective credentials.
Anyone can do what you all have done with anything. Lets take Grimms Farytales and do the same thing. See how utterly ridiculous that is?
Now if you are just joking around and I think that you just might, well haha, but I hope you aren't serious.

Old Seer

Quote from: "bericks999"So this group of yours has been operating or should I say contemplating these ideas since before 1977?

I say this because Star Wars was originally released in '77!

No, since 85. I'm wrong on the movie. I remember a statement to the affects of Star Wars movie at one time. The comment had to do with "the force". "The Force originates with Physicist #1 that all are under the same forces of nature. I never was a Star Wars fan and still aren't. But the movie does hold truths that we all observe in life. My son was a big fan. As I pointed out to my son--it's a WW II movie undertaken  in space. What I can say is--the movie wasn't a influence for "our" application of the Force=God.  We finished our study in the summer of 92. It's only been recently we decided to make our biblical interpretations known. I mistakenly attached Star Wars in the effort to convey that it was no influence. It might have been after the fact. I  remember that the way the force was applied in the movie doesn't work the way depicted. "The Force" isn't going to guide your weapons for you--it has to be aimed with a hit of miss as anything else. If the missile was launched by "the person" and the person is "God" then God launched the missile. Unless the missile is a beam rider it's on it's own. But, I'm not knowledgeable on all thoughts of the group, so star Wars may have been an influence.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"Like I said, hive mind. The group collective. OMFG- its the Borg! Run!!!!!!!

I refuse - flat refuse - to be assimilated.  How bout you, Strom?
 :rollin:

Welcome Smurfman  :popcorn:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Old Seer

Quote from: "mykcob4"Well this idea that the bible is actually valid and just misinterpreted is ......HOGWASH. The bible was written by men roughly 2000 years ago and its their ideas that are written in the bible. The bible is just as mythological as the unicorn and just as misguided. I don't like the fact that you would give any credibility to the bible by your "new" method. It has been tried before and it is just a bunch of crap. You can't pidgeon hole a work of mythology and make it fit science. As scientist (if indeed you are) wouldn't ever attempt such a thing. If you are really believe this crap you are doling out, submit the bible to the British Academy of Science, include all YOUR redefinitions. Lets see what they think of it. They won't even give you the time of day, that is unless they revoke your collective credentials.
Anyone can do what you all have done with anything. Lets take Grimms Farytales and do the same thing. See how utterly ridiculous that is?
Now if you are just joking around and I think that you just might, well haha, but I hope you aren't serious.
You aren't acquainted with our interpretation as yet. It will take time. It's a book of the mind/persons/people, not one of the material universe. Ultimately the book denotes "people" as God. Adam had no understanding of any God. The term is applied by the Euros. There's no word in the Hebrew language as "God". It will require patience.

Old Seer

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "mykcob4"

For concept. We find:

Like I said, hive mind. The group collective. OMFG- its the Borg! Run!!!!!!!

The others will be watching not posting. If I'm wrong they'll let me know. They'll be watching me, not you all.  Civilization requires the "Hive" mind, we don't, and are free thinkers and being. Because we agree doesn't make us an ant hill. What is true or false has to be true or false for everyone. Even the ant. :)

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Old Seer"The Atheist is wrong. There "is" a God, but not as thought of in the usual terms, nor commonly understood.   :)

"God" is a vague term with multiple definitions, so this portion of your creedo is meaningless.

Better yet, answer this question: what's a god?

Failure to give this question an answer is an indication you should hang your hat elsewhere. Possibly the wankers' friction burn ward.

Old Seer

Quote from: "mykcob4"Well this idea that the bible is actually valid and just misinterpreted is ......HOGWASH. The bible was written by men roughly 2000 years ago and its their ideas that are written in the bible. The bible is just as mythological as the unicorn and just as misguided. I don't like the fact that you would give any credibility to the bible by your "new" method. It has been tried before and it is just a bunch of crap. You can't pidgeon hole a work of mythology and make it fit science. As scientist (if indeed you are) wouldn't ever attempt such a thing. If you are really believe this crap you are doling out, submit the bible to the British Academy of Science, include all YOUR redefinitions. Lets see what they think of it. They won't even give you the time of day, that is unless they revoke your collective credentials.

Are you saying the Euros got it right? If they got it right they had no need for the book. They would have had to have been Christians before JC arrived. At no time were the Euros Christainans, and aren't genetically related to Adam. The descendants of Adam (according to our findings) are Middle Easterners. So- the Euros have the wrong interpretation. It's an Eastern writing not European.  :)