News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Church camp bus crashes

Started by ApostateLois, July 28, 2013, 11:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApostateLois

//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/27/indianapolis-bus-crash_n_3664658.html?show_comment_id=272663685#comment_272663685

Ugh. :( Three people died, 26 kids injured. They had just got out of camp, worshiping Jesus, no doubt prayed for a safe trip home....and God lets this happen? How much more evidence do we need that God either is imaginary, or he hates children? From the description, they were not seatbelted in (most American school buses, especially older ones, don't have them). There would have been fewer injuries, and perhaps no deaths, if they had all had seatbelts. But maybe they aren't necessary, if Jesus is at the wheel?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

stromboli

Church buses are an accident waiting to happen. They don't get maintained the way commercial buses do, and buses in use are subject to a lot of stress and wear. And they are being driven by people who are not necessarily qualified to drive them.

LikelyToBreak

I was tempted to laugh, but I guess I am not that much of a misanthropist.  

:lol:  #-o  :-k  [-X

Solitary

#-o  It was God's Will dumb atheists! :shock:  Have a little faith.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

They must have prayed wrong and angered gawd.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

I don't think I ever saw a bus with a seatbelt, which I always find funny (to mime a meme...)

Put a kid in a car, he legally has to be buckled.
Put 50 of them in a vehicle and there aren't even seatbelts.

Makes so much sense.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Probably inappropriate, but let me be the first to say THANK GOD the rest of us weren't killed!

It is sad really. All those kids fucked for Jesus.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

Quote from: "Shiranu"I don't think I ever saw a bus with a seatbelt, which I always find funny (to mime a meme...)

Makes so much sense.

There's actually supposed to be good reasons for this, where it's safer to not wear a seatbelt in a bus. I can't remember them exactly, but I think it has to do with the weight of a bus (it won't be flung around like a small car) vs the number of minors and the distance to get them all out in case of a fire. If you've got one kid in the backseat who needs to get out NOW then it's easy. Now if there's 50 kids panicking in the back of the bus and just one driver, you're fucked.

Something like that. Probably there's someone here who knows the research better :P

Shiranu

Quote from: "Plu"
Quote from: "Shiranu"I don't think I ever saw a bus with a seatbelt, which I always find funny (to mime a meme...)

Makes so much sense.

There's actually supposed to be good reasons for this, where it's safer to not wear a seatbelt in a bus. I can't remember them exactly, but I think it has to do with the weight of a bus (it won't be flung around like a small car) vs the number of minors and the distance to get them all out in case of a fire. If you've got one kid in the backseat who needs to get out NOW then it's easy. Now if there's 50 kids panicking in the back of the bus and just one driver, you're fucked.

Something like that. Probably there's someone here who knows the research better :P

That's what I assumed (on the size, not so much the fire).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Youssuf Ramadan

So I guess the fact that some of them survived is a 'miracle'....

Bad news, whichever way you look at it.   :(

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"So I guess the fact that some of them survived is a 'miracle'....

Bad news, whichever way you look at it.   :(
That bus crash didn't create a black hole which killed all of humanity...that's the real miracle.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Colanth

It's actually evidence that there was at least one sinner in that bus.  God would rather kill a lot of innocent people than allow a single sinner to go unpunished.  He is, after all, omnijust, and it's unjust to allow sinners to go unpunished.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.