Why I would worship the Sun before any man made God.

Started by ZachyFTW, July 28, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "ZachyFTW"I don't have to get dressed up to worship the sun.
Well, that is not true. You have to brush your teeth and bathe, you should worship as it rises in your location. The following are the postures, mantras, and their meaning (Surya Namaskar):

Sun Salutation Pose - Sun Salutation Mantra - Meaning
Pran?m?sana (Prayer pose) - Om Mitr?ya Namaha - Who is friendly to all
Hasta uth?n?sana (Raised arms pose) - Om Rav?ye Namaha - The shining one, the radiant one
Hasta P?d?sana (Hand to foot pose) - Om Sury?ya Namaha   - Who is the dispeller of darkness and responsible for bringing activity
Ashwa Sanch?lan?sana (riding a horse pose) - Om Bh?nave Namaha - One who illumines, the bright one
Dand?sana (Stick pose) - Om Khag?ya Namaha - Who is all-pervading, one who moves through the sky
Asht?nga Namaskara (lying flat on the ground with hands extended) - Om P?shne Namaha - Giver of nourishment and fulfillment
Bhujang?sana (Cobra pose) - Om Hiranyagarbh?ya Namaha - Who has golden color brilliance
Parvat?sana (Mountain pose) - Om Mar?chaye Namaha - The giver of light with infinite number of rays
Ashwa Sanch?lan?sana (riding a horse pose) - Om ?dity?ya Namaha - The son of Aditi – the cosmic divine Mother
Hasta Pad?sana (Hand to foot pose) - Om Savitre Namaha - One who is responsible for life
Hasta uth?n?sana (Raised arms pose) - Om ?rk?ya Namaha - Worthy of praise and glory
Tad?sana (Standing with raised arms) - Om Bh?skar?ya Namaha - Giver of wisdom and cosmic illumination  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXTpTRuPiPQ

The exercise will keep you healthy. :lol:
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

SGOS

What??  You don't dress up to worship the sun?  When I worship the sun, I wear my Batman costume and anoint myself with fragrant oils.  Sometimes I anoint myself with Italian salad dressing if I'm out of oils.  Others worship the sun while they are naked, but that's not really my thing.

Colanth

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"But Shiranu, the idea of Christianity of being a sun-cult technically not so far from the truth.
I think all that Shiranu was saying is that the claim (it's made quite frequently in English-speaking countries) that "sun god/son of God" are related because the words sun and son are pronounced the same (there's even a Star Trek episode that makes use of that fact) is false, because in any of the languages spoken at the beginnings of Christianity, the words were nothing like each other.

Whether Christianity actually has anything to do with sun worship is something he didn't address.  (I think it's more generally astrological than just the sun.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.