Why I would worship the Sun before any man made God.

Started by ZachyFTW, July 28, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "ZachyFTW"I've often thought about worshiping the sun just to have something to do when I'm bored. The Sun has done a lot for me and I think I should say thanks once in awhile. Besides sustaining the life of myself and everyone I love, the sun is just a great thing. I don't have to drive anywhere to worship the sun. I don't have to get dressed up to worship the sun. I can walk out the door and be praising the sun any time during the day. The sun thanks me by giving me a sick looking tan. Another reason I would worship the sun is because I can see it which is kind of a big deal for me. I can also feel it. Without the sun there is no me. This is a fact. The sun does shit for me and I want the sun to know how much I appreciate it. So I am now officially a Sun worshiper. Winning.
Funny you should mention the sun as a god, because the origin of all religion is based on the sun. There was a movement in Pharoh Egypt that denied all other gods and began worshiping only RA (the sun). This lasted for only three of the Pharohs but the legacy of that movement spawned three major religions, christianity, islam, and judism.
It is not a coencidence that one of those religions worhships the "son of god". You may find it hard to believe but it is thought that christianity is REALLY a return to sun worship.
Science believes that all life came from the stars and the sun is the closest star, so it is probable that life cam from sol our sun. It certainly sustains all life on this planet. So if you have to worship something (a ridiculous thing to do), it makes since to worship the one thing that not only created you, provides everything you need,  but also keeps you alive. The sun is not a god however, because there are no gods and never were.

ZachyFTW

Quote from: "surly74"Worship the sun if you want to...

but pray to Joe Pesci.

LOL this was actually inspired by that video. I'm glad someone else enjoys good comedy when they see it.
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

Solitary

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "ZachyFTW"I've often thought about worshiping the sun just to have something to do when I'm bored. The Sun has done a lot for me and I think I should say thanks once in awhile. Besides sustaining the life of myself and everyone I love, the sun is just a great thing. I don't have to drive anywhere to worship the sun. I don't have to get dressed up to worship the sun. I can walk out the door and be praising the sun any time during the day. The sun thanks me by giving me a sick looking tan. Another reason I would worship the sun is because I can see it which is kind of a big deal for me. I can also feel it. Without the sun there is no me. This is a fact. The sun does shit for me and I want the sun to know how much I appreciate it. So I am now officially a Sun worshiper. Winning.
Funny you should mention the sun as a god, because the origin of all religion is based on the sun. There was a movement in Pharoh Egypt that denied all other gods and began worshiping only RA (the sun). This lasted for only three of the Pharohs but the legacy of that movement spawned three major religions, christianity, islam, and judism.
It is not a coencidence that one of those religions worhships the "son of god". You may find it hard to believe but it is thought that christianity is REALLY a return to sun worship.
Science believes that all life came from the stars and the sun is the closest star, so it is probable that life cam from sol our sun. It certainly sustains all life on this planet. So if you have to worship something (a ridiculous thing to do), it makes since to worship the one thing that not only created you, provides everything you need,  but also keeps you alive. The sun is not a god however, because there are no gods and never were.

Is was a god, Ra was a god, and El was a god. Did Israel get it's name from them?  :shock:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

ZachyFTW

Quote from: "Solitary"Is was a god, Ra was a god, and El was a god. Did Israel get it's name from them?  :shock:  Solitary

MIND BLOWN
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

stromboli

You can worship the sun. It was probably the first god, so you can claim antiquity. Also his eminence The Carlin worshipped the sun, so there is certainly precedence.

FrankDK

Do I have a deal for you!

Worship me instead of the sun.  I created the sun, moon, and stars, so I outrank the sun.

Then send me 5% of your income (we're having a 50% off sale on tithes), and I guarantee that when you die, you will go to Heaven.

You can also subscribe to my newsletter, which is a feature that the sun doesn't offer.

Call now.  Operators are standing by.

Frank

PS:  Offer not valid in states with an active Attorney General's office.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "mykcob4"

Is was a god, Ra was a god, and El was a god. Did Israel get it's name from them?  :shock:  Solitary
Funny but my point was that the christians worship the son of god, which actually means god that came from the sun, but I get your drift.

ApostateLois

I won't worship the sun, moon, stars, ocean, mountains, or anything else, but I might raise a glass in toast to them every now and then.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

DunkleSeele

Broede

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"I worship tits. I win.

You win the thread, the internet and life.

Seriously, I was reading each post thinking "shit, I can't believe nobody said this, I can't wait to".  Then bam, page 3, there you are.

Shiranu

QuoteIt is not a coencidence that one of those religions worhships the "son of god". You may find it hard to believe but it is thought that christianity is REALLY a return to sun worship.

Um... no. Just no.

Arabic: Son - Ibn, Sun - al shams

Hebrew: Son - Ben, Sun - shemesh

Latin: Son - Filius, Sun - sol

Now, given the origin story of Christianity is Jewish, we can assume it would originally been spoken in Hebrew. Even if we say it was written down by a Roman, so maybe it was devised by a Roman (And would be in Latin), the two words are still not similar at all.

There may be arguments in favour of that, I don't know them nor particularly care, but saying, "Son and sun look similar... there must be a coloration!" ignores the fact that Christianity wasn't spread into English for about 100 years after the New Testament began to be written down (300 A.D. or so).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Satt

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"All the energy on the earth originally came from the sun which gives life.
Much of it. There's also tidal energy, radioactivity and energy from the heat of the interior of the planet (which supports whole ecosystems at volcanic vents at the bottom of the oceans).

(And, according to Thomas Gold, life may have originated in subterranean rock.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca