Why I would worship the Sun before any man made God.

Started by ZachyFTW, July 28, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachyFTW

I've often thought about worshiping the sun just to have something to do when I'm bored. The Sun has done a lot for me and I think I should say thanks once in awhile. Besides sustaining the life of myself and everyone I love, the sun is just a great thing. I don't have to drive anywhere to worship the sun. I don't have to get dressed up to worship the sun. I can walk out the door and be praising the sun any time during the day. The sun thanks me by giving me a sick looking tan. Another reason I would worship the sun is because I can see it which is kind of a big deal for me. I can also feel it. Without the sun there is no me. This is a fact. The sun does shit for me and I want the sun to know how much I appreciate it. So I am now officially a Sun worshiper. Winning.
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

I'm more of an ocean person myself, but I guess living in the desert would make that a wee bit silly to worship.

And on the "bright" side (bad tissssh) the ocean doesn't ask me to murder you for believing in the sun god, so... that's nice.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jesus

I like to appear in various forms, but my favorite is as a toast.

Shiranu

Party popper...

:fball: (I don't know why this, I Just didn't find a joke-y smiliey so have a football.)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Pantheism worships the universe, which like the sun, has the unusual characteristic (for a god) in that it actually exists.  So why not the sun, the moon, or the rain?  Why this need for gods whose presence is undetectable?  The sun would be a good choice.  You don't even have to endow it with supernatural qualities.  Just take it as it is a worship it.

MrsSassyPants

The Sun lights up the entire PLANET!!!  It really does kick total ass!!!!  We love you SUN!!!!!
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

SGOS

I think we should all worship the ozone layer.  :-D

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

MrsSassyPants

If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

Nonsensei

Its a ball of hydrogen being converted into helium.

The mysticism behind aspects of nature decreases with the advancement of knowledge in much the same way religion is driven back by knowledge.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

surly74

Worship the sun if you want to...

but pray to Joe Pesci.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Solitary

All the energy on the earth originally came from the sun which gives life.  Worship of the sun and astrology was the bases of pagan religion myths and Judeo-Christian-Islamic religion myths. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.