Zimmerman Crash "Rescue" A Hoax?

Started by Shiranu, July 27, 2013, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/26 ... as-staged/

Note: I don't think him being able to do a good deed is a sign of his innocence of other crimes; for example, I know a guy who abused his wife but loved dogs... just because he loved dog's didn't make him any less of a scumbag.

Here was the original article on the wreck...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... d=19735432

... in which he helped uninjured people out of a flipped over truck. No one was injured, but it was a good deed. Except...

QuoteNow, new and suspicious details have emerged surrounding those involved in the crash, including the officer on the scene, Patrick Redher.

According to FreakOut Nation, Redher was a vocal pro- Zimmerman voice on Facebook, but that Facebook account has now conveniently disappeared. Further, according to Newsball, Officer Redher had contact with Zimmerman prior to his showing up at the scene of the accident. Redher's phone records back this claim up, lending more credibility to the school of thought that, with a lot of help, Zimmerman has made himself look like some kind of good samaritan here...

QuoteThat's not all, though. The social media presences of the supposed victims is now suddenly nil. The email addresses of the couple, Mark C. Gerstle and Dana Gerstle link to no known social media accounts. Dana Gerstle's twitter is still active, and is the only online mention of a car crash at all.

Perhaps most damning of all is the fact that Mark Gerstle, when accosted by media near his home, could be heard shouting belligerently:

Go away. I've got nothing to say.

Dana Gerstle also ignored requests for hospital records and photos of the crash. These all seem non existent, which is unheard of in this age of camera phones with recording capabilities.

Between the fact that an extremely vocal Pro-Zimmerman Officer who responded to the accident contacted Zimmerman... who then just magically appeared to help the people... and the lack of media on the crash... it's looking like one more lie he has fabricated to make himself look like good ol' Saint Zimmers.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Shiranu"Note: I don't think him being able to do a good deed is a sign of his innocence of other crimes; for example, I know a guy who abused his wife but loved dogs... just because he loved dog's didn't make him any less of a scumbag.

I'm reminded of that movie Crash which left a lot of people butthurt for some reason. But the part many focused on was Matt Dylan's character, the racist police officer who had violated a black man's wife the night before just because he could came upon a car accident when he was off duty and it turned out to be that same woman. It may have been better for him if he'd let her die, but he pulled her from the flaming wreck anyway. I don't think the point of that scene was the character was redeemed in any way. He had still committed a heinous act. But he'd also done this. The point of it is we are all capable of being terrible to one another, but we are also capable to doing good. Nearly every character in that movie is a victim of, and victimizes someone else of prejudice. To write off any of them as worthless people because of it is to write off the entire human race. They can't be set apart by simply calling them a scumbag or similar. That is the same thinking that Zimmerman used to justify pulling the trigger. "They're not really human."

All of this is irrelevant to the actual topic here of Zimmerman engineering a hoax good deed to help his PR. It's completely understandable why he would do such a thing. It's why celebrities go on SNL to show they aren't horrible people for hiring a transgender prostitute. It's just unfortunate that it was contrived and that this fact has gotten out. But then, even if it was legitimate, there would be people who would say it was a hoax, anyway. Would have been better for Zimmerman if he'd turned the gun on himself.

Shiranu

QuoteBut then, even if it was legitimate, there would be people who would say it was a hoax, anyway.

Yeah, until this I thought it was 100% legit. I still think its 25% likely to be legit, but the cop calling him is just too damning imo. I'm pretty positive it was an actual accident, I just think a pro-Zimmerman cop told him about it so he could show up. And I was pretty annoyed at people who thought it was a hoax JUST because it was a suspicious coincidence.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

gussy

When I read about the accident, my first thought is that it was too good to be true.  Sending text messages about it makes it worse.  Cops or wannabe cops should understand better than anyone that no text message is private.

Johan

Meh, this really seems like a case of people trying to fit the evidence to a pre-desired result to me. Case in point:

QuoteThat's not all, though. The social media presences of the supposed victims is now suddenly nil. The email addresses of the couple, Mark C. Gerstle and Dana Gerstle link to no known social media accounts. Dana Gerstle's twitter is still active, and is the only online mention of a car crash at all.
There are TONS of people who have email but no social media accounts. This is not unusual and proves nothing as far as this accident goes.

QuotePerhaps most damning of all is the fact that Mark Gerstle, when accosted by media near his home, could be heard shouting belligerently:

Go away. I've got nothing to say.
I fail to see how this is damning. This guy was in an accident and is now being chased by media. More likely than not, he just wants to be left alone. I know I would. Again, this proves nothing and yet it is labelled as the most damning piece of evidence. That says a lot I think.

QuoteDana Gerstle also ignored requests for hospital records and photos of the crash. These all seem non existent, which is unheard of in this age of camera phones with recording capabilities.
If I got into a car accident and some media schmo was asking for my medical records or photos, that media schmo would be told to go pound sand. Does that make me part of the conspiracy?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

gussy

All we have been hearing from the Zimmerman camp is that he can't show his face in public and then a week later he shows up in public.  His first public appearance coincides with a police buddy calling him before hand.  I'm sorry that I'm not convinced.

Shiranu

QuoteMeh, this really seems like a case of people trying to fit the evidence to a pre-desired result to me. Case in point:

I agree those were weak points, I only left them in because they WERE in the article. I also clipped the part where he went on a rant about Zimmerman.

Never-the-less...

QuoteHis first public appearance coincides with a police buddy calling him before hand.

...this is what makes it fishy. The cop on the scene of the crash texted him before he conveniently shows up at the crash. That isn't trying to "fit the evidence" to a viewpoint; that is really damn suspicious.

QuoteIf I got into a car accident and some media schmo was asking for my medical records or photos, that media schmo would be told to go pound sand. Does that make me part of the conspiracy?

No, but it doesn't help your (or in this case, Saint Zimmerman's) case.

Colanth

Nope, no proof that any of this was staged.  No proof that smoking causes lung cancer either, but ...
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Johan

Quote from: "Shiranu"
QuoteHis first public appearance coincides with a police buddy calling him before hand.

...this is what makes it fishy. The cop on the scene of the crash texted him before he conveniently shows up at the crash. That isn't trying to "fit the evidence" to a viewpoint; that is really damn suspicious.
Do we know just how it is known that he was called or texted before the crash? I mean I know the NSA has all that data now but as far as I know, you still generally need a court order to gain access to someone else's phone records. Who was it exactly that obtained these phone records? And for what reason were these records obtained?

QuoteIf I got into a car accident and some media schmo was asking for my medical records or photos, that media schmo would be told to go pound sand. Does that make me part of the conspiracy?

No, but it doesn't help your (or in this case, Saint Zimmerman's) case.
The fact remains that a person not being willing to turn over medical records and/or photos to the press is not at all unusual or suspicious and proves nothing as far as Zimmerman goes.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Shiranu

I'm starting to doubt the phone thing, but thinking it's more likely Zimmerman has a radio tuned to the PD (did that back in Texas) or even a phone; I have an app on mine that allows me to listen in to chatter here in LC.

The radio would be the most likely given the hero-complex he has, and is pretty easy to come about. If it was a phone then that's literally like the easiest thing of all time to download and use.

QuoteThe fact remains that a person not being willing to turn over medical records and/or photos to the press is not at all unusual or suspicious and proves nothing as far as Zimmerman goes.

Right, I agree with you that it doesn't hurt him. It just doesn't help him either and looks suspicious, which assuming this guy wasn't involved (which I assume he wasn't), he has no reason to give a shit.

But the lack of social media IS suspicious... the Officer has been spamming support for Zimmerman (no, really look at the pictures... it is terrible how much support spam he had), but weirdly made no mention of seeing Zimmerman at the crash, then he deletes his facebook. And then Zimmerman just HAPPENS to appear where this extremely vocal supporter of him is at a non-serious crash and get's a PR miracle scene.

Like I said, I think its 25% legit, and given the questionably of the phone I will nock it up to 50%. However if the Officer was not involved (which his actions don't help prove), then there is still the high probability of Zimmerman having been listening to police chatter because...

A. That's what alot of people do... it's fun and it gives you an idea what part of town the cops are in if you want to avoid them.
B. He has already proven he is a vigilante... and if you are someone who wants to take the law into your hands and be a hero then what better way than to know where the situations are?

Johan

Quote from: "Shiranu"Right, I agree with you that it doesn't hurt him. It just doesn't help him either and looks suspicious...
But that's just it. It doesn't look suspicious. There is nothing at all suspicious about any of the facts presented.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Shiranu"Right, I agree with you that it doesn't hurt him. It just doesn't help him either and looks suspicious...
But that's just it. It doesn't look suspicious. There is nothing at all suspicious about any of the facts presented.

Er... so there is nothing suspicious about Zimmerman just randomly showing up at a crime scene that was being handled by an extremely Pro-Zimmerman cop who then deleted his facebook after that information was posted?

I suppose...

WitchSabrina

erm............

is the Zimmerman thing Still a debate?
 :shock:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Shiranu

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"erm............

Nah, this is different.

But I would hope it would still be a debate, yes, since there is still going to be a civil trial & depending on what the fed's find whatever they decide to do.

And if you feel strongly about something, you shouldn't quit arguing against it just because it's "over".

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"erm............

Nah, this is different.

But I would hope it would still be a debate, yes, since there is still going to be a civil trial & depending on what the fed's find whatever they decide to do.

And if you feel strongly about something, you shouldn't quit arguing against it just because it's "over".

Well - that Is true.  I was just surprised to still see it sort-of debated Here.  No biggie.   Just surprised.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.