The Christian Myth Is Based on Pagan Myths

Started by Solitary, July 27, 2013, 11:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

QuoteIf you think Nazi Germany were following the teachings of Jesus Christ I would very slowly and carefully try to explain why you're mistaken.

That's because we have ready history and apparently your homeschooling left out a couple thousand years. Idiot. Jesus where do these twits come from?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"If you think Nazi Germany were following the teachings of Jesus Christ I would very slowly and carefully try to explain why you're mistaken.
1900 years of history beforehand would seem to suggest that he followed them quite closely.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"How would you show the existence of something that doesn't physically exist?  :-k
Yeah, how would you, he asked the guy who believes in an immortal man-god who could walk on water and transform water into wine.  Seems like there'd be a way a guy like that could make himself known.  And not through suspiciously stupid (no offense) proxies thousands of years later.

QuoteYou're rejecting the existence of God which is quite a big thing to be rejecting. You will of course have something in Gods place in order to reject that which you don't believe in, else you wouldn't have a reason to not believe in it.
*gasp*  You're right!  Once, I disbelieved in magic and had to believe in ghosts!

QuoteYou can use the universality of independently developed human spiritual belief as your verification if you like.
Yes.  The universality of spiritual belief.  To people who generally speaking, don't describe themselves as spiritual.   #-o   :rollin:

QuoteYou already mentioned how Christianity has certain elements in common with Eastern faiths and the ancient Greek philosophers and all that business. I don't how how much independent verification you would want, you've got plenty to get stuck into there.
Exactly.  Hail Zeus!  If it wasn't true, how could Christianity and some Eastern faiths have anything in common with it?!

QuoteIt's hugely relevant both to the individual and civilization as a whole.

Writer posted a YouTube video
The only real despair inherent in being an atheist is having to rebut the same idiotic garbage over and over again.  It's 3+ billion people with like a dozen really crappy arguments between them.

Passion of Christ

Quote from: aitmQuoteIf you think Nazi Germany were following the teachings of Jesus Christ I would very slowly and carefully try to explain why you're mistaken.
That's because we have ready history and apparently your homeschooling left out a couple thousand years. Idiot. Jesus where do these twits come from?
I'm perfectly aware that humans corrupted the teachings of Christ to their own ends and bigotry. But if you think this corruption and bigotry derived from Jesus himself then you are the one who needs educating not me. Read the Bible and find out for yourself what he taught.

BTW it may come as a surprise to you that some very intelligent and very well educated people throughout history were Christians including for example most of the Apollo Astronauts. Don't assume theists "need educating" as you're only going to demonstrate the lack of your own education if you do this.

Plu

QuoteBTW it may come as a surprise to you that some very intelligent and very well educated people throughout history were Christians including for example most of the Apollo Astronauts. Don't assume theists "need educating".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Passion of Christ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Belief in God is actually logical and can be deduced through reason therefore there is no need to do this. Unless you think a universe that exists without a cause that came from nowhere and exists for no purpose is logical then I suppose you would. The complex physical order and fine tuning of the cosmos is all fluke chance or whatever you believe is true. This is only what believe though you have no reason good to believe it as far as I can tell.

stromboli

The Bible is fiction based on its content. Magical gardens, talking snakes, gigantic boats full of  animals, a massive exodus that never happened, dragons, flying chariots, giants, whatever. You then make life choices based on philosophies derived from a book that can only be seen as fiction. Regardless of your belief, there is no more certainty to the existence of a deity than the lack of one. Absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. Inserting the word god as the reason for the origin of the universe is no more valid than inserting the word swordfish. You cannot prove what you yourself can't define.