The Christian Myth Is Based on Pagan Myths

Started by Solitary, July 27, 2013, 11:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: "hobie"Jesus' story is true.

True like Anakin Skywalker's story is true.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "hobie"The other myths are just myths. Jesus' story is true.
You will be a very fun chew toy.

Care to present any evidence for your claim?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

leo

Quote from: "hobie"The other myths are just myths. Jesus' story is true.
Another funny troll pet ! Yes! :popcorn:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

goodwithoutgod

Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"Where did the story of Jesus' Resurrection come from?
Earlier stories.

Which ones?

The Jesus story was not original. The entire story was plagiarized in bits and pieces, and sometimes blatantly intact, from ancient god/man mythology passed down by Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Persian cultures.

For example the Persian sun-god Mithra, a story dating back to about 1400 BC, talks about a hero born of a virgin in a stable on the winter solstice. He was attended by shepherds who brought gifts. He was said to have taken a last supper with his followers before returning to his father, the god of all. Mithra was believed not to have died, but ascended directly to heaven. Followers believed he would return at the end of time to raise the dead in a physical resurrection, for a final judgment. At that time, the world would be destroyed by fire. And yes, followers of Mithra were granted immortal life following baptism.

Acharya states that Buddha also was born of a virgin, he had 12 disciples, he performed miracles, healed the sick, walked on water and fed 500 men from a small basket of cakes. The Buddha was transfigured on a mount, was crucified in a sin-atonement, suffered three days in hell and was resurrected. After this he ascended to heaven, or Nirvana. Writings refer to Buddha as the "Good Shepherd," the "carpenter" and "Savior of the World."

The Egyptian god figure Horus was said to have been born of the virgin Isis on December 25. He was born in a cave, his birth was announced by a star in the East, and he was attended by three wise men. He was a child teacher in the temple. He was baptized by Anup the Baptizer (John the Baptist?), he had 12 disciples, he performed miracles, walked on water, and raised a man named El-Azar-us from the dead. Horus also was transfigured on a mount, was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected. He was called a "fisher," and was associated with the Lamb, Lion and Fish.

In India, the god/man Krishna was born of a virgin, his father was a carpenter, his birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and they brought presents of gold, frankincense and myrrh. There was a ruler who attempted to destroy the infant by ordering the slaughter of thousands of babies. Krishna worked miracles and wonders, raised the dead, healed lepers, the deaf and the blind. He used parables to teach people about charity and love. He was transfigured in front of his disciples. Some stories say Krishna died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves. He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

Hijiri Byakuren

goodwithoutgod, that particular chew toy left the forum quite some time ago. :wink:

FrankDK

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "PilatesQuestion"Where did the story of Jesus' Resurrection come from?
Earlier stories.
I suspect they got their start from observations of nature.  Trees and other foliage seem to die in the fall, and then come back to life in the spring.  That's why Easter, the pagan goddess of fertility, has her day in the spring, when things come back to life.

If plants can die and come back to life, why not people?  Why not gods?

Frank

goodwithoutgod

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"goodwithoutgod, that particular chew toy left the forum quite some time ago. :wink:

Aw, I missed the opportunity then sigh

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "goodwithoutgod"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"goodwithoutgod, that particular chew toy left the forum quite some time ago. :wink:

Aw, I missed the opportunity then sigh
Don't worry, there'll be more. There's always more.

sunnyK

Yes this is true, from the christmas tree to the easter and halloween celebrations. I have been wondering for quite some time if it is ok for an atheist to worship the sun. I really want to worship the sun. It is hot and amazing. and it sort of indirectly feeds me everyday. Is sun worship unacceptable behavior for an atheist?

AllPurposeAtheist

Worship oxygen. It's everywhere,  even around you when you masturbate.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

sunnyK

Ok i will abstain, and i will probably look like less of a weirdo in the process, i just wonder sometimes if all this worship goes on in the world because it is a good natural way to release endorphins or something. My initial theory is that by worshiping the sun i could get out all that religiosity without doing any damage to society. I think it would be courteous for us to at least give the world a jesus replacement once the atheist movement has taken over all of humanity. For those with a godbox 2.0xl.

the_antithesis

Sun worshipers used to kill lots of people.

Just wank if you want endorphins.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Just wank if you want endorphins.
Those very endorphins are why fapping can cure a headache. I'm dead serious. :lol:

sunnyK

I see, that would be an ideal society as far as mother earth is concerned and human existence in the long run seeing as how no pollution, but it would be really no peach pie, a real survival of the fittest situation. No hospital, so when you start to fall out, you really fall out. infection from a broken leg and your done. Makes one ponder, it sets up a dichotomy between the world is terrible these days and the not so good old days.