Why do atheists want their own monuments?

Started by NilDesperandum, July 26, 2013, 11:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachyFTW

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"And Solitary, it's spelled goodbye (sorry). I know you take meds. I know it. Most atheists and liberals do from my experience treating them. Don't pretend you're above me. You aren't.

To bring some reason to this nonsense, I have arrived. Atheists want monuments because they want the government to treat them equally as they treat religions. You probably won't take this answer because you are an ignorant, idiotic, man child who cannot go a sentence without a grammatical mistake. You will probably be banned before you see this, but in the event that you're not, GO FUCK YOURSELF KID <3
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

Solitary

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"And Solitary, it's spelled goodbye (sorry). I know you take meds. I know it. Most atheists and liberals do from my experience treating them. Don't pretend you're above me. You aren't.

You really are delusional aren't you. Then again maybe not if you claim to treat people, then you are a witch doctor or medicine man who really believes he can do more than make people feel good like you are for me tonight. So now you're a pedantic ass that includes the hole.  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:   =D>  :lol:

And yes I do take meds for PTSD. So now you think you are better than me because you don't? You really should so you can manage to get off your high horse. I was right, you are a god, at least you think you are if not. Doctors are so full of themselves thinking they are gods, when all they are is practicing medicine because they can't cure everyone; and psychiatrist can't cure anyone, however, they do make people feel good like religious leaders do though.  :-D  :-D  :-D  =D>  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

QuoteSmoke some weed, chill out, and do something productive.

Take your own advice.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Plu

QuoteI'm a supergenius

QuoteI'm drunk

Not a very smart person, then.

NilDesperandum

Shiranu: I do.

Solitary: Psychiatry is most definitely a sham. I couldn't have known that before I got into it. That's partly why I no longer am one. In fact, much of medicine is a sham. And all that "I'm Jesus" stuff was me talking shit.

SGOS

Two or three months ago, the American Atheists got permission to install an atheist bench on city property.  I think it may have been Florida or Texas?  It created an uproar, but I haven't seen anything in the news about additional monuments popping up since then.

I don't care one way or other.  It does make an awareness statement, and I think it's necessary for Christians to understand they aren't the only ones in the world.  It's the same outrageous type of act as Rosa Parks refusing to sit in the back of the bus.  It's like the first step in gaining equality in a world of bigoted insanity.

When people react so emotionally to equal treatment as they did in the news and now even in this thread, it alerts us to a flaw in society that rises to the surface when the toes of bigotry are stepped on.  Bigots see their prejudices as normal and not to be questioned.  Well, boohoo.

But why not have atheist monuments that commemorate an absence of faith?  If Christians can have monuments that commemorate a belief in something which appears absent from reality, why can't atheists have monuments that commemorate their absence of belief?  Both are equally valid reasons to build monuments.  There's really little need to get in a snit over it, unless you are unable to control your emotions.

wolf39us