News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Oh, Kentucky...

Started by Nonsensei, July 26, 2013, 10:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2013 ... ic-fascist

QuoteMatt Singleton, a Baptist minister in Louisville who runs an Internet talk-radio program, called teachings on evolution a lie that has led to drug abuse, suicide and other social afflictions.

"Outsiders are telling public school families that we must follow the rich man's elitist religion of evolution, that we no longer have what the Kentucky Constitution says is the right to worship almighty God," Singleton said. "Instead, this fascist method teaches that our children are the property of the state."

And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hijiri Byakuren

A Southern fundy thinks evolution is the devil's work. News at 11.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

sdrawkcab era elpoep eseht

Mister Agenda

Pey.

And just because you have to learn about something doesn't mean you have to believe it is true. No one's right to believe or not to believe is being infringed on. There's no right to ignorance.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Hijiri Byakuren

.?doon ,yl??qo?q ?x?? ?uoy ????v?? o? n????.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Kentucky is why the trees of Ohio point south.. It sucks to much.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jack89

I say leave them alone.  I've been eyeballing Kentucky as a potential retirement spot.  I don't want property values to go up quite yet.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Jack89"I say leave them alone.  I've been eyeballing Kentucky as a potential retirement spot.  I don't want property values to go up quite yet.
Don't worry, Kentucky still has plenty of squalor just like every other state. I'm not saying you will nor want to live in squalor. It's just there is plenty of cheap land if you don't mind not living in the cities or burbs.

Minimalist

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"Pey.

And just because you have to learn about something doesn't mean you have to believe it is true. No one's right to believe or not to believe is being infringed on. There's no right to ignorance.

I'm sorry to say that in the south they think ignorance is a constitutional right.  Things are only slightly better in the north.  Time to throw that fucking bible in the trash with the rest of the old garbage.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

You do indeed do have the right to be a stupid motherfucker as long as you don't harm anyone doing so. If stupidity and ignorance were a crime there would be no society, just jails to keep the streets as ghost towns..

Jack89

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"You do indeed do have the right to be a stupid motherfucker as long as you don't harm anyone doing so. If stupidity and ignorance were a crime there would be no society, just jails to keep the streets as ghost towns..
Ain't that the truth, and apparently you don't have to understand evolution to make some really fine bourbon.

Colanth

I guess Singleton's brand of Christianity doesn't prohibit lying through one's teeth.
QuoteAt one point, opponent Dena Stewart-Gore of Louisville also suggested that the standards will marginalize students with religious beliefs, leading to ridicule and physiological harm in the classroom
And the bad news is?

QuoteSeveral pointed to dissenters in the scientific community and said the new teachings will not fully incorporate evidence that may contradict human evolution
Sure they will - if anyone ever finds such evidence, which is about as likely as finding evidence that the moon really IS made of green cheese.

BTW, there's no proof of anthropogenic (human-caused) global warming, just of global warming itself.  But there's no question that anthropogenic global cooling is possible.  (If we stop producing as much heat, the warming will slow or even stop.)  The new standards don't demand that students accept that global warming is anthropogenic, it just requires that they be taught to consider human influence on warming.  (Which is too much for reality-deniers.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Brian37

Quote from: "Nonsensei"http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130724/NEWS0103/307240069/New-Ky-science-standards-called-atheistic-fascist

QuoteMatt Singleton, a Baptist minister in Louisville who runs an Internet talk-radio program, called teachings on evolution a lie that has led to drug abuse, suicide and other social afflictions.

"Outsiders are telling public school families that we must follow the rich man's elitist religion of evolution, that we no longer have what the Kentucky Constitution says is the right to worship almighty God," Singleton said. "Instead, this fascist method teaches that our children are the property of the state."

[ Image ]

This fucking twit might as well claim that 1+1=2 is a fascist statement.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37