Fucks News plays false maryter once again.

Started by Brian37, July 23, 2013, 08:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

QuoteHouston, this is Eagle. This is the LM Pilot speaking. I would like to request a few moments of silence.  I would like to invite each person listening in, wherever and whomever he may be, to contemplate for a moment the events of the past few hours and to invite each person listening, wherever and whomever he may be, to contemplate for a moment the events of the past few hours and to give thanks in his own individual way.

Of course completely missing that this is both beautiful and inclusive. But we don't want inclusive, of course  :roll: We want "real american" values. Because we're not all sharing the planet; it belongs to the conservative americans and the rest of the world is just a nuisance.

Brian37

How fucking selfish. Look, I can't change that people belief absurd garbage, including people I love. But damn, the moon landing wasn't an American event, it was a global event.

It is the same bullshit narcissism of Christians putting up a cross at ground zero, when the name of the fallen buildings were "THE WORLD TRADE CENTER", not the "Christian trade center".

The races and religions of all the nearly 3,000 dead were a swath of everything and every major race and religion and 80 nationalities.

But these fuckwads, take every public event and hijack it when we aren't even saying "don't do it" "Just, when you do it, be inclusive".

FUCK YOU CRYBABIES!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Didn't they originally go to the moon to find freedom to pander religion on us all? Of course scientific discovery had NOTHING to do with it..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mister Agenda

Some good stuff in the comment section, though.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Solitary

Here we go again, rewriting history to support Christianity. Someone please explain how it was possible for Buzz to drink wine on the moon in a space suit.  :roll:  This reminds me of the story of Jesus written 40-60  years after He was dead.  :rollin:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Boo-fucking-hoo.  The atheist Constitution won't allow them to force the Congress to pass laws reinforcing God.  (And he's so nothingness that he needs man's laws to survive.)

I don't know how old Bolyard (the author) is, but I actually lived through the events she's writing about as an adult, and I don't remember "radical atheists" having "influence" and "social acceptance" in those days.  In fact I remember just the opposite - closeted atheists being shocked by MMOH's balls in taking on the establishment.  Radical?  We walked on eggshells and kept our mouths shut.

I strongly suspect that Aldrin, if he actually did have wine and a communion wafer on board (which is highly unlikely - every ounce of payload had to be accounted for back then, due to the precarious technology we had), would have held his own very private ceremony just because Christians didn't feel the need to force their beliefs on everyone back then.  The big thing wasn't Christianity, it was that we had beaten the Russians to the moon.  That's what everyone was thinking about, not that God had anything to do with the landing.

Yes, I remember the Christmas Eve reading - and I remember my anger that NASA didn't cut the feed or, if they didn't, that the TV stations didn't.  But having grown up in an American society in which secular schools (in NYC yet) had Bible readings, it didn't surprise me.

This is just another Christian cry that they're the oppressed minority, while they oppress the actual minorities.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.