Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

72 Million yrs ago

Started by WitchSabrina, July 23, 2013, 07:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Someone buried these dinosaur bones just to confuse us............ :shock:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/2 ... =webmail19

QuoteMEXICO CITY — Mexican paleontologists say they have uncovered 50 vertebrae believed to be a full dinosaur tail in the northern desert of Coahuila state.

The National Institute of Anthropology and History says the tail is about 15 feet (5 meters) long and resembles that of a hadrosaur or crested duckbill dinosaur.

An institute Monday says it's not yet possible to confirm the species, but it would be the first full tail of that kind in Mexico.

Paleontologist Felisa Aguilar says they uncovered roughly half of the dinosaur, which was 36 feet (12 meters) long and lived about 72 million years ago.

The excavation took 20 days in the municipality of General Cepeda in the northern state that borders Texas.

The paleontologists, working with Mexico's National Autonomous University, also found hip bones.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Satt

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

SGOS

Quote from: "Satt"goddidit  :-$
But I still have to ask:  Why?

AllPurposeAtheist

The Tooth Fairy did it. Dinosaur bones are really composed of small childrens teeth. Her Dental deity collects the teeth, grinds them up and remanufactures dinosaur bones then buries them in remote locations. The reason why is plain as the nose on your face.. Why, why.'it's a mystery!
And that's all you need to know. :evil:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Satt"goddidit  :-$

Actually it was aliens from another dimension. I know this because I just watched the movie.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

AllPurposeAtheist

The movie merely overlooked the Tooth Fairy..and besides..what other use is there for lost juvenile teeth other than fossils?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Thanks for the video! Why is it that no human bones are ever found by dinosaur bones?  #-o  Could it be because they never lived together?  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PopeyesPappy

No Solitary. It's because the dinosaurs were bigger so they sank to the bottom during the flood.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Solitary

:oops:  Never thought of that.  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Yes, dinosaur bones are heavier than human bones, and back then things sank by weight, not by density, so ...

(This is the theistic "theory" that has the unchanging God changing the unchanging laws of physics to make the current theistic claims work.)

Now, as to why there are no longer any Neanderthals, Home erectii, habilenes, etc., ...
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

SGOS

Quote from: "Colanth"Yes, dinosaur bones are heavier than human bones, and back then things sank by weight, not by density, so ...

(This is the theistic "theory" that has the unchanging God changing the unchanging laws of physics to make the current theistic claims work.)

Now, as to why there are no longer any Neanderthals, Home erectii, habilenes, etc., ...
The Neanderthals were quite stocky, so they must have sunk faster, too.  As I recall from paleontology, Neanderthals and dinosaurs went extinct about the same time, so it was probably a weight issue. :-D

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"The Tooth Fairy did it.
Happy Hogswatch!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

hrdlr110

[/quote]
The Neanderthals were quite stocky, so they must have sunk faster, too.  As I recall from paleontology, Neanderthals and dinosaurs went extinct about the same time, so it was probably a weight issue. :-D[/quote]

Off topic; the Neanderthals femoral, and tib/fib of the lower leg were rounder in shape than ours are today. We don't move from side to side as much as they did. The theory is that it was from chasing small game, causing them do develop very round bones that were less likely to break from lateral shear forces caused by the demands of rapid change of direction.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Colanth

Quote from: "SGOS"As I recall from paleontology, Neanderthals and dinosaurs went extinct about the same time, so it was probably a weight issue. :-D
Actually the dinosaurs ate the Neanderthals in an attempt to not go extinct.  We, being smarter, more graceful, and favored by God, were able to avoid them.  (Think they'd pay royalties on that one to put it into the Creation Museum?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.