Sick of the Royal Baby Already?

Started by stromboli, July 22, 2013, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "Hydra009"As an American...

[ Image ]

And I won't even mention the French take on royalty...

It's funny because the French go just as, if not more, crazy for the British royal family as the Brits do. The French love the BRF.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "Hydra009"As an American...

[ Image ]

And I won't even mention the French take on royalty...

It's funny because the French go just as, if not more, crazy for the British royal family as the Brits do. The French love the BRF.
Yep.  Which is sort of weird considering their *cough* history with royalty.  France is like this super rebellious kid who used to get into knife fights and commit arson, then grew up and became a yuppie.   :P

Plu

Quote from: "Shiranu"I find it funny (not aimed at people here) that people are complaining about this, but then were like...

"OMG! THE KARDASHIANS HAD A BABY OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!"

Sorry, the monarchy is far more interesting than a rich media woman (and I will be fair; I think in terms of business the Kardashian's are geniuses.)

People who react to a kardashian baby like that should have their own removed from their care  :-k

surly74

Quote from: "mykcob4"Not projecting. I doesn't take a brainiac to know that that baby represents much more than flesh and blood. I am NOT attacking a baby. I am attacking the society that punishes whole peoples and benefits the very rich, the undeserving by causing the misery of so many. And don't feel sorry for that baby. Unless it learns to read and actually reads a tabloid or two, it will never know even disagreement. It will probably enter Sandhurst and graduate with a rank far beyond what it deserves. The crap that a royal actually was ever put into harms way is laughable. Just as laughable as having a real military job. Funny how the failure rate is about 50% and yet no royal has ever failed....not likely. Next they want us to believe that the royals are doing their part in any war. Gee thanks for the fly over. It's so comforting to know that your protected ass actually flew close enough to get a look at a battlefield all the time being several kilometers out of range. Oh and thanks for showing up at the hospital and telling me that you appreciate MY service. I'll take that to the bank and cash it in to replace the leg I lost. Kinda like all the numbnuts that put a ribbon sticker on their car that says just how much they support the troops, and yet they won't make a single sacrifice to support those same troops. The royal family is just the figurehead of crimes on humanity. Look at the difference of income by people who really work and the extreme rich. How people in Detroit have to have their retirement cut to save the city all the while the rich just get richer. And no the royals aren't directly responsible for Detroit but they are part of a much larger problem whereby the extreme rich who don't earn or deserve the riches they enjoy, enjoy those riches off of the backs of the working poor. So I'm not attacking a "baby", I'm voicing the extreme dispartity that exist and the symbology that is the royal family represents that disparity.

calling a baby names = attacking the baby...but fine whatever.

not necessarily with the royals but why is the solution always to tear someone down instead of building someone up? this sounds like the 99%'er drivel...oh the world is unfair and I don't like it. people have something I don't.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Jason78

QuoteSick of the Royal Baby Already?
I was sick of him before he got that bint pregnant.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

I actually now consider myself lucky that I missed the whole pregnancy. And that I am disconnected from the regular media enough that I've only seen (outside of this forum) two people post something about it, and both were funny images and not news articles.

SGOS

Inside every new born baby is a small spark that if properly nurtured, can bloom into an adult jerk.   :-D

Brian37

Absolutely fucking sick of it. They are simply welfare queens. I don't know who is worse, that family, or the idiots who pay taxes to support them.

RICH PEOPLE FUCK, IN OTHER NEWS SO THE FUCK WHAT!

And the west wonders why oil companies pay no taxes?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

I care about babies to the extent once they are born, no matter what class, are happy and end up well adjusted as adults. But why the fuck do humans make such a big deal about something that happens millions of times a day?

My boss has a picture of his daughter at the cash register. Yea, you love your kid. But from my point of view you are asking me to be impressed with the fact that you stuck your penis in a vagina. It isn't about the kid, it is about human narcissism.

Love your kid, take care of your kid, but please don't ask me to be impressed with your ability to fuck.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Plu

QuoteMy boss has a picture of his daughter at the cash register.

What makes you think your boss cares whether or not you are impressed with the kid, though? :)

I have a whole bunch of pictures of my daughter rotating around as my work-desktop background. I don't give a flying fuck about whether or not my co-workers are impressed with my ability to have sex with my girlfriend; those pictures are there for me. I wouldn't be surprised if your boss is the same.

Brian37

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteMy boss has a picture of his daughter at the cash register.

What makes you think your boss cares whether or not you are impressed with the kid, though? :)

I have a whole bunch of pictures of my daughter rotating around as my work-desktop background. I don't give a flying fuck about whether or not my co-workers are impressed with my ability to have sex with my girlfriend; those pictures are there for me. I wouldn't be surprised if your boss is the same.

Bullshit, now in your case, I get that but that isn't for public display in your case, that is for you. I DO GET THAT, just like you'd have pictures of your family and kids in your home.

But don't tell me parents don't put pictures on display, like my boss or try to show others pictures. They do. My only point is fine, have pictures, but don't expect me to be impressed with it. I am not. Human evolution past present and future does not give one fuck about you or me or the offspring we might produce.

I have pictures on my fridge of my sisters and my mother, but those are for me. What I don't do is parade them around in public. I will show them if asked but I don't make a show out of my family.

Plu

I don't make a show out of people either, but simply putting a picture down isn't automatically making a show, or for others. Even in a public display. It might be, it might not be. He might just have put them there because he likes seeing them there when he comes by.

(Now if they're in some kind of show case in a place where your boss never shows his own face; yeah ok he's probably just showing off, which is stupid and unimpressive.)

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh knock it off. Kate's no longer pregnant and the ONLY thing anyone should care about is does she have a bunch of stretch marks.. Other than that it's mindless drivel. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "surly74"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Not projecting. I doesn't take a brainiac to know that that baby represents much more than flesh and blood. I am NOT attacking a baby. I am attacking the society that punishes whole peoples and benefits the very rich, the undeserving by causing the misery of so many. And don't feel sorry for that baby. Unless it learns to read and actually reads a tabloid or two, it will never know even disagreement. It will probably enter Sandhurst and graduate with a rank far beyond what it deserves. The crap that a royal actually was ever put into harms way is laughable. Just as laughable as having a real military job. Funny how the failure rate is about 50% and yet no royal has ever failed....not likely. Next they want us to believe that the royals are doing their part in any war. Gee thanks for the fly over. It's so comforting to know that your protected ass actually flew close enough to get a look at a battlefield all the time being several kilometers out of range. Oh and thanks for showing up at the hospital and telling me that you appreciate MY service. I'll take that to the bank and cash it in to replace the leg I lost. Kinda like all the numbnuts that put a ribbon sticker on their car that says just how much they support the troops, and yet they won't make a single sacrifice to support those same troops. The royal family is just the figurehead of crimes on humanity. Look at the difference of income by people who really work and the extreme rich. How people in Detroit have to have their retirement cut to save the city all the while the rich just get richer. And no the royals aren't directly responsible for Detroit but they are part of a much larger problem whereby the extreme rich who don't earn or deserve the riches they enjoy, enjoy those riches off of the backs of the working poor. So I'm not attacking a "baby", I'm voicing the extreme dispartity that exist and the symbology that is the royal family represents that disparity.

calling a baby names = attacking the baby...but fine whatever.

not necessarily with the royals but why is the solution always to tear someone down instead of building someone up? this sounds like the 99%'er drivel...oh the world is unfair and I don't like it. people have something I don't.

Yeah right as if I really called any baby names.
There are a few facts that people will not face in this world just because something is cute or little.
Fact I: "I'm a good mother" Every mom says this as if it's true. The fact is there are few good mothers and not many adequate ones. No mom is good all of the time and nowadays most aren't good any of the time.
Fact II: "You don't know because you don't have any kids." I have heard that lie all my adult life yet whenever these morons want someone to look after their brats that come a callin'. Raising kids is simple. PAY ATTENTION!!!!!! Ignoring kids is the biggest mistake that parents make. They only seem to pay attention to their kid if the kid interupts what the parent is doing.
I hate when a kid is being a brat and the parent says "Isn't that cute" as if laughing about it makes everything alright. Kids inevitably learn that being mischief is funny and therefore can get away with it.
I really hate it when a parent hits a kid out of anger. That just teaches them that if you are mad it's alright to hit someone.
Fact III: Babies aren't innocent just because they are babies.
We socially penalize kids in slumbs and ghettos just for being born. Are they innocent? Sure they are, but don't tell society that. Now comes the filthy undeserving rich baby. He is just as innocent as the slumb babies but you better not say a damned word about the rich baby, because he's "just an innocent baby."
That rich baby will cause more misery and suffering just for being born than any slumb baby ever born. It's like every royal and filthy rich baby born is an indirect cause of mass murder, hard labor, and misery.
You ask me to just ignore the royal baby, but I cannot ignore the consequences of that baby being born any more than I can ignore a baby being born into abject poverty.
So if it offends you for me being harsh to a newborn, then your priorities are scewed. Maybe the new baby will renounce his station and birthright and actually work and bring comfort...REAL comfort to those who suffer. FDR was just such an individual. It's possible but highly unlikely. NO, what will probably happen is that this baby will grow up sheltered and never know that people will work for low wages and suffer to keep him in the splender that he knows and doesn't deserve.
Royalty is a symbol of oppression and represents the worst that society has ever offered humanity.

Colanth

A woman I'll never meet had a baby I'll never meet.  That's such a rare thing - doesn't happen more than a few times a minute.

I don't wish them any ill, but I don't wish them anything I don't wish any woman who gave birth recently.  Or care any more about this birth.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.