Sick of the Royal Baby Already?

Started by stromboli, July 22, 2013, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: "Plu"
QuotePRINCE PLU! Pronounced pluh..

It's not pronounced pluh :(

(I don't think the Dutch 'u' is even pronouncable in English, though)

Pleerlurhuheuh?

Plu

http://nl.forvo.com/word/paraplu/#nl

(The word paraplu means umbrella and is entirely unrelated to my nickname but it's the only word I know that has the very clear dutch "plu" sound at the end. If anyone cares.)

GSOgymrat

I knew nothing about this baby until today. I didn't know the woman was pregnant.

WitchSabrina

I have Twitter - but I forget to check it.  I've not been on FB forever and really don't miss it.  Pinterest is just so I can look at pictures of places I'll likely never get to.......
heard about the royal babe about 10 mins ago and still don't care enough to be sick of his news yet.

Check me tomorrow - I may be tired of it IF I get to listen to the news between now and then.

:rollin:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

EntirelyOfThisWorld

No.  I do not watch what passes for news, and have not read any more of this thread other than the title for fear of actually having to learn the gender and/or name of the latest winner of the birth lottery.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

Shiranu

I find it funny (not aimed at people here) that people are complaining about this, but then were like...

"OMG! THE KARDASHIANS HAD A BABY OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!"

Sorry, the monarchy is far more interesting than a rich media woman (and I will be fair; I think in terms of business the Kardashian's are geniuses.)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Minimalist

Quoteis your life that shitty that you have to attack a baby?

He's not attacking a baby.  He's attacking a system which pretends that the little fuck is something special.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Shiranu

Quote from: "Minimalist"

He's not attacking a baby.  He's attacking a system which pretends that the little fuck is something special.

I'm sorry, but when your grandmother is the queen... yeah, that "little fuck" is more important than you or I.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

surly74

Quote from: "Minimalist"

no he's attacking the baby. when he calls it a "target" and "spoiled little worthless shit" that's attacking the baby. blame the system if you want...again, it's not the baby's fault who the parents are. it's just a newborn. it sleeps and poops oddly, and eats...that's it.

and it still stands that if you need to refer to it as a little fuck i'd take a long look at why a newborn makes you that mad.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Solitary

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "Plu"
QuotePRINCE PLU! Pronounced pluh..

It's not pronounced pluh :(

(I don't think the Dutch 'u' is even pronouncable in English, though)

Pleerlurhuheuh?

Plu is not a Dutch word, and a U is pronounced OO. lul Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

That's how I always assumed it was pronounced...

mykcob4

Quote from: "surly74"
Quote from: "mykcob4"As a founding fathers type Liberal progressive democrat, I am especially anoid by the hype over the "royal" baby. When it is bairn it should be named "target" or "spoiled little worthless shit" because that is essentially what it is. It will never know work, suffering, reality, or anything worthwhile. It will be unduly catered on and spoiled beyond measure.

i can't believe i have to do this but...it's a baby for fucks sake. it hasn't even been born yet...is your life that shitty that you have to attack a baby? So it was born into privilige but come on, it's not the baby's fault.

if you don't care about the royal birth don't pay attention to it but i can't take you seriously when you call something that hasn't been born yet a "target" and "spoiled little worthless shit". I guess you are just projecting.

Not projecting. I doesn't take a brainiac to know that that baby represents much more than flesh and blood. I am NOT attacking a baby. I am attacking the society that punishes whole peoples and benefits the very rich, the undeserving by causing the misery of so many. And don't feel sorry for that baby. Unless it learns to read and actually reads a tabloid or two, it will never know even disagreement. It will probably enter Sandhurst and graduate with a rank far beyond what it deserves. The crap that a royal actually was ever put into harms way is laughable. Just as laughable as having a real military job. Funny how the failure rate is about 50% and yet no royal has ever failed....not likely. Next they want us to believe that the royals are doing their part in any war. Gee thanks for the fly over. It's so comforting to know that your protected ass actually flew close enough to get a look at a battlefield all the time being several kilometers out of range. Oh and thanks for showing up at the hospital and telling me that you appreciate MY service. I'll take that to the bank and cash it in to replace the leg I lost. Kinda like all the numbnuts that put a ribbon sticker on their car that says just how much they support the troops, and yet they won't make a single sacrifice to support those same troops. The royal family is just the figurehead of crimes on humanity. Look at the difference of income by people who really work and the extreme rich. How people in Detroit have to have their retirement cut to save the city all the while the rich just get richer. And no the royals aren't directly responsible for Detroit but they are part of a much larger problem whereby the extreme rich who don't earn or deserve the riches they enjoy, enjoy those riches off of the backs of the working poor. So I'm not attacking a "baby", I'm voicing the extreme dispartity that exist and the symbology that is the royal family represents that disparity.

Shiranu

Sorry, but the Royal Family more than pays for itself in tourism and it's fair share from its own bank into charities and (I believe) taxes.

Nothing wrong with hating the system, but hating them simply because they are rich, even though they contribute astronomically more than they cost, is just being silly.

Hydra009

As an American...

And I won't even mention the French take on royalty...

IMMadAsHell

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony

Two hands working can accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer. – Anonymous