News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rolling Stone's Tsarnaev Cover

Started by Shiranu, July 17, 2013, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

Isn't it normal to wonder how a once nice kid, good student, and personable young man turned into a monster?  I think it is the most important thing we can study in cases like this. I see nothing controversial about it, and I really do not understand the people who are upset about it, even after reading why they are.

Of course, I remember when Time Mag named Hitler one of the top 5 most influential persons of the 20th century.  There was an uproar, some claiming they would never buy the magazine again.  But hey, Time wasn't wrong....
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

FlatEarth1024

Quote from: "Aroura33"Isn't it normal to wonder how a once nice kid, good student, and personable young man turned into a monster?  I think it is the most important thing we can study in cases like this. I see nothing controversial about it, and I really do not understand the people who are upset about it, even after reading why they are.

Of course, I remember when Time Mag named Hitler one of the top 5 most influential persons of the 20th century.  There was an uproar, some claiming they would never buy the magazine again.  But hey, Time wasn't wrong....
Of course its normal to wonder.  But what the publications do is push the subliminal buttons of the self-loathers who enjoy making every killer a product of our terrible way of life.  They don't actually "say" anything, but they show the little league and prom pictures and imply by proxy that YOU did this and I did this by virtue of our morally bankrupt society.  If you want an accurate portrayal, put a mugshot or an Intepol dossier picture of him on your cover, not what looks like a reproduction of a Bob Dylan album cover with windswept hair and boyish looks.  It panders to the self-haters.

I'm sure we can do all the wondering and soul-searching that the situation merits without having our Pavlovian bells rung by the choice of photographs.  That's my objection, not the idea of him being on the cover.

Hydra009

Quote from: "FlatEarth1024"If you want an accurate portrayal, put a mugshot or an Intepol dossier picture of him on your cover, not what looks like a reproduction of a Bob Dylan album cover with windswept hair and boyish looks.  It panders to the self-haters.

I'm sure we can do all the wondering and soul-searching that the situation merits without having our Pavlovian bells rung by the choice of photographs.  That's my objection, not the idea of him being on the cover.
Bingo.   =D>

aitm

and I thought I was the only one who saw Bob Dylan...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust