News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Riot in France

Started by viocjit, July 20, 2013, 02:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Nine

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteHow about treating her and her family with dignity, and perhaps encourage them to assimilate.

They try that in the netherlands. It doesn't really stick. There's still a clear muslim vs non-muslim split in terms of culture. Fortunately we don't have a culture of our own so we don't really care, but many muslims (especially the fundamentalist ones) make it a point not to assimilate, even across multiple generations.

Then what was the point for Muslims to come to the Netherlands in the first place? I mean the 1st generation anyway.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

Colanth

Different Muslims, different reasons.  To spread Islam, to make money, to get out from under a regime they didn't like (if you think Islam/Christianity is a bad enmity, look at Shia/Sunni).  The main point, though, is that a large percentage of Muslims who emigrate to Christian countries want to live in Muslim society, so they insist that their "adopted" country adopt THEIR way of living.  And they'll get quite militant if they don't get their way.  It's not a matter of a woman covering her face in public, it's a matter of not only not adopting the ways of the country you move to, but insisting that it adopt your ways.  Whether those ways are women covering their faces in public or killing Christians (read history - or at least read Santayana) makes very little difference.  Once the camel gets his nose into the tent, you'll be sleeping on camel dung.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Triple Nine

Well, Im sorry but I don't see how you can handle that stupid. Even escaping a regime you don't like you made the CONSCIENCE decision to go to a secular, non-Islam country. What do you expect? People are going to have fun (or at least more fun) and you got to be respectful and at least follow some BASIC stuff that has been used to keep order. You can't go to a country in need then want to act like invaders and turn into the place you just left.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

Colanth

Quote from: "Triple Nine"Well, Im sorry but I don't see how you can handle that stupid. Even escaping a regime you don't like you made the CONSCIENCE decision to go to a secular, non-Islam country. What do you expect? People are going to have fun (or at least more fun) and you got to be respectful and at least follow some BASIC stuff that has been used to keep order. You can't go to a country in need then want to act like invaders and turn into the place you just left.
No, you can't - and expect the people to just lie down and let you walk all over them.  If you grew up in Western society.  If you grew up in radical Muslim society, that's exactly what you expect.  You threaten to do harm if you don't get your way, and you expect that "those degenerate Westerners" won't argue.

I'm not saying that all Muslims do this.  We don't need laws to stop the ones who come to the West expecting to live in Western society.  We need laws to stop the ones who come to the West and expect to live in a Muslim society, even if they have to force us to adhere to their standards.  I'm not advocating laws against mosques.  But I am in favor of laws that say that you can't come here and force us to become you.  People who do that didn't come to France (or other Western countries) to live in a "secular, non-Islam country", they came to export radical Islam.  And you're in favor of not abrogating their personal freedom to do that?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

LikelyToBreak

Sorry, but I started a new topic in regards to this one.  //http://atheistforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1857
  It explains what I think about these riots and may help some of you see my point of view.   :oops: