News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Drone Licenses for Hunters

Started by SGOS, July 20, 2013, 05:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://news.yahoo.com/faa-warns-public- ... 17273.html

A guy in Deer Trail Colorado has collected 28 signatures (that's 28, mind you) on a petition that requires  the City Council to consider issuing hunting licenses to shoot down drones.  Now before you laugh, 28 is the minimum number needed to get the issue to a vote, as it represents 10% of the town's population.  He says he doesn't want to live in a surveillance society.

I see some problems, however.  First, hunting is controlled by the State.  A city cannot issue a hunting license.  Second, whether you approve of drones or not, they are government property.  A town of 280 residents can't decide it's OK to destroy some other government's property, in this case a much larger government.

Essentially, this sounds like civil war.  At least that's what they called it when the Confederate Government of the South decided to start destroying the Union Government's property.  But it's probably not going to go anywhere.  The City Council may just laugh it off, and the guy filing the petition says he's never seen a drone.  Although, you can count on some government agency now keeping a close eye on the guy who publicly advocates shooting down drones.

Way to keep a low profile, Bozo.

Plu

When I read the title I thought they meant hunting game with drones... but this works as well, I guess.

That's pretty stupid. And probably the only drones they'll ever be able to see and shoot are some poor kid's quadrocopter.

Also shooting into the air inside a city is supposed to be pretty dangerous, because those bullets will come back down.

SGOS

Quote from: "Plu"Also shooting into the air inside a city is supposed to be pretty dangerous, because those bullets will come back down.
I suspect discharging pistols into the air is a common event in Deer Trail, Colorado every Saturday night, as the boys ride into town to "kick up their heels" and have a little fun. :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

City shall provide a minimum of 1 surface to air laser guided missile for the purpose of drone hunting to each licensee...  Chances of hitting one are fairly close to nil, but what about those fucking surveillance satellites out in earths orbit. Now knocking those out can be done with a Daisy BB rifle..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

the other problem is if/when this hits major media it will invite all kinds of "lets do that" and afore ya know it ole Rick Perry and his like will start plotting it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Funny, nearly every nation capable of shooting crap into space has been up to surveillance since the cold war with cameras capable of reading license plates and more, but suddenly drones are some big threat..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

There are people that think it is still 1776.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason Harvestdancer

Yes, shooting into the air can be dangerous, which is why there is no such thing as duck hunting.

And 28 is 10% of the population of that small town.  So instead of saying "Man, a whole 28 people?  Lol, that's like nobody" you could say "Wow, a whole 10% of the population signed that petition."

I want to see petitions like this everywhere.  I want to see open season on drone hunting.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

the_antithesis

A place like Deer Trail, Colorado sounds like the sort of place where drones are used to search for lost hikers or watch for forest fires.

The guy is a childish idiot.

stromboli

1. Bring down drone with high powered rifle.
2. Explain to homeowner how drone wound up in their living room, killing the wife and 2 kids.
3. Dealing with NSA, CIA, local police, lawsuits etc.
4. Try to explain to fellow prisoners what a macho dude you are while being butt raped twice daily and 6 times on weekends.

And shit like that there.

Colanth

Quote from: "SGOS"Essentially, this sounds like civil war.
More like survivalism.  They don't want the government to interfere in what they do - but watch the howls if the government cuts down on the benefits the survivalists get from the government.  They're sort of Libertarians on steroids.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

In Colorado, probably don't want government checking out their Marijuana grow.

Plu

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"Yes, shooting into the air can be dangerous, which is why there is no such thing as duck hunting.

Pretty sure there's a difference between hunting ducks (you know, shooting hail and generally in the outdoors) and shooting a drone (within city limits and probably using some bigger rounds) I don't think they're exactly comparable.

Also, there's plenty of examples of people being killed by falling bullets. Wikipedia lists articles on a number of cases. Including 6 in the US.

Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

So yeah. It's actually dangerous to randomly discharge weapons into the air.

The Skeletal Atheist

Reading the title I was hoping this would have been about something entirely different. I can't help but laugh at the idea of a redneck trying to get a permit to fire hellfire missiles at deer.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!