Racism alive and well in ' merca!

Started by Aroura33, July 18, 2013, 06:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "mykcob4"The funny thing is that every Mexican even those born in Mexico ARE AMERICAN. America is a continnent NOT a nation. In fact it's 2 continnents, North and South.
Dumbass rednecks can't even get geography correct. Kinda reminds you how Palin thought Africa was one nation. I swear rednecks, conservaturds are the worst people in the world.
There is no continent called America. There isn't even a tectonic plate by the name. America is the short form of "The United States of America," just as "Brazil" is the short form of "The Federative Republic of Brazil."

No American continents...

hmmm...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "mykcob4"The funny thing is that every Mexican even those born in Mexico ARE AMERICAN. America is a continnent NOT a nation. In fact it's 2 continnents, North and South.
Dumbass rednecks can't even get geography correct. Kinda reminds you how Palin thought Africa was one nation. I swear rednecks, conservaturds are the worst people in the world.
There is no continent called America. There isn't even a tectonic plate by the name. America is the short form of "The United States of America," just as "Brazil" is the short form of "The Federative Republic of Brazil."

[ Image ]

No American continents...

hmmm...
Yup. If you want to use that system, there's a continent called North America, and a continent called South America. If you want to go by tectonics, there are plates by the same name, in addition to the Caribbean Plate. No standalone "America" I can see. Except the country, of course.

Seriously, I don't know where this dumbass line of reasoning that "America" is a continent's name originated, but it needs to die.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote...Seriously, I don't know where this dumbass line of reasoning that "America" is a continent's name originated, but it needs to die.

North. America.
South. America.

Europe = European.
African = African.
Asian = Asian.
North American = North AMERICAN.
South American = South AMERICAN.

Therefor... you are an AMERICAN.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Aroura33

Quote from: "Shiranu"I fucking hate when people do the over-elaborate "...land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" scream shit, and usually the minorities (that I have watched) don't do that... so personally, I prefer when minorities sing it.

It's a shitty song anyways though, we have several other American songs that sound much better and would make far better national anthems.
He didn't sing the national anthem, he sang God Bless America. Two totally different Songs.  The national anthem is the star Spangled Banner, makes no mention of "god", and is the song where people tend to over-sing that high "land of the free" line.

God bless America is a stupid song, written by Irving Berlin in the 60's.  It has no place being sung in place of our national anthem, IMHO, but I'm sure the man singing it didn't get to pick it.  He was likely invited to sing at the ballgame, and told which song to sing.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Johan

My country is filled with assholes.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Aroura33

Quote from: "Johan"My country is filled with assholes.
And dumbfucks!! (not you)
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Shiranu

Quote from: "Aroura33"
Quote from: "Shiranu"I fucking hate when people do the over-elaborate "...land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" scream shit, and usually the minorities (that I have watched) don't do that... so personally, I prefer when minorities sing it.

It's a shitty song anyways though, we have several other American songs that sound much better and would make far better national anthems.
He didn't sing the national anthem, he sang God Bless America. Two totally different Songs.  The national anthem is the star Spangled Banner, makes no mention of "god", and is the song where people tend to over-sing that high "land of the free" line.

God bless America is a stupid song, written by Irving Berlin in the 60's.  It has no place being sung in place of our national anthem, IMHO, but I'm sure the man singing it didn't get to pick it.  He was likely invited to sing at the ballgame, and told which song to sing.

Oh, yeah.

They both suck though.

MilitantAtheist

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "Aroura33"

Oh, yeah.

They both suck though.
I vote for This Land is Your Land or we could just cop to how much we suck and go with the Team America theme.
If God\'s real, he sure as hell ain\'t a Red Sox fan.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Shiranu

Florida is in America, Texas is in dumfuckistan...

No, that makes sense. Really. Also, Arkansas isn't even in America...

Aroura33

Pretty sure that is just a voting map from '12.

Obviously Florida belongs in Dumbfuckistan with Texas though, which DOES belong there.
Leonard Nimoy

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Aroura33"American born, grammy award winning recording artist Marc Anthony sings God Bless America at a baseball game, and the nationalistic rasicsts promptly climb out of the woodwork to tweet angrily about it. A BROWN person simply cannot be a REAL American!
 #-o
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/55 ... -superstar
Nobody can sing that tune sober, it's an old English drinking song and you have to be shit-faced to do it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

FrankDK

When Kristi Yamaguchi won her skating medal, some US journalists asked her how she learned to speak English so well.

Ignorance runs deep in these parts.

Frank

FrankDK

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
Quote from: "Aroura33"American born, grammy award winning recording artist Marc Anthony sings God Bless America at a baseball game, and the nationalistic rasicsts promptly climb out of the woodwork to tweet angrily about it. A BROWN person simply cannot be a REAL American!
 #-o
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/55 ... -superstar
Nobody can sing that tune sober, it's an old English drinking song and you have to be shit-faced to do it.

No, God Bless America was written by Irving Berlin.  You're thinking of the National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner.

Frank

FrankDK

> He didn't sing the national anthem, he sang God Bless America. Two totally different Songs. The national anthem is the star Spangled Banner, makes no mention of "god", and is the song where people tend to over-sing that high "land of the free" line.

Well, the fourth verse does mention God.  It has the line, "And this be our motto: 'In God is our Trust.' "

> God bless America is a stupid song, written by Irving Berlin in the 60's. It has no place being sung in place of our national anthem, IMHO, but I'm sure the man singing it didn't get to pick it. He was likely invited to sing at the ballgame, and told which song to sing.

It was actually written in 1918 for WW I, but the war ended before it was released.  He dusted it off in 1938, and Kate Smith made it famous.  The strange part is, the introduction calls it a "solemn prayer," but according to the Bible, Jesus specifically prohibited public prayer:

Matthew 6:5, 6:  And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

No one who sings that song is a Christian.

Frank