Racism alive and well in ' merca!

Started by Aroura33, July 18, 2013, 06:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

American born, grammy award winning recording artist Marc Anthony sings God Bless America at a baseball game, and the nationalistic rasicsts promptly climb out of the woodwork to tweet angrily about it. A BROWN person simply cannot be a REAL American!
 #-o
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/55 ... -superstar
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Hijiri Byakuren

QuoteRacism alive and well in ' merca!

News at 11.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

What a bunch of dumb ass racist bigots! They don't seem to mind that some of the greatest baseball players aren't from America.  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

You know, it really bothers me when idiots call people "Mexicans" that were actually born right here in the USA.  It implies that they're not really American.  Which is blatantly false.  Last time, I checked, Mexican was a nationality, not a race.  Ditto for American.  It should go without saying that American citizens are Americans.

This (intentional) confusion blurs racial identity and national identity sends the message that non-whites are somehow less American simply for not being born white.  A very disturbing mentality that ought to be dead and buried by now.

Satt

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Solitary

:rollin:  That is hilarious! Thanks! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aroura33

Ha! Very funny video!  Makes a great point, too.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

SGOS

Well, for myself, I'm always happy to get the National Anthem or whatever patriotic thing they decide on out of the way so we can finally get the game going.  I really don't care who sings the damn thing.  I just listen to see if they go off key on the high note.  That guy no doubt put a lot more heart into the song than most of the people in the stands, and afterwards, he probably didn't reach for his cell phone to tweet about what assholes white Americans are.

Shiranu

I fucking hate when people do the over-elaborate "...land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" scream shit, and usually the minorities (that I have watched) don't do that... so personally, I prefer when minorities sing it.

It's a shitty song anyways though, we have several other American songs that sound much better and would make far better national anthems.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mykcob4

Quote from: "Hydra009"You know, it really bothers me when idiots call people "Mexicans" that were actually born right here in the USA.  It implies that they're not really American.  Which is blatantly false.  Last time, I checked, Mexican was a nationality, not a race.  Ditto for American.  It should go without saying that American citizens are Americans.

This (intentional) confusion blurs racial identity and national identity sends the message that non-whites are somehow less American simply for not being born white.  A very disturbing mentality that ought to be dead and buried by now.
The funny thing is that every Mexican even those born in Mexico ARE AMERICAN. America is a continnent NOT a nation. In fact it's 2 continnents, North and South.
Dumbass rednecks can't even get geography correct. Kinda reminds you how Palin thought Africa was one nation. I swear rednecks, conservaturds are the worst people in the world.

mykcob4

I can't stand 'God Bless America'. This nation is SECULAR not a christion nation and the 'God Bless America' bullshit is a slap in the freedoms granted by the Constitution!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "mykcob4"The funny thing is that every Mexican even those born in Mexico ARE AMERICAN. America is a continnent NOT a nation. In fact it's 2 continnents, North and South.
Dumbass rednecks can't even get geography correct. Kinda reminds you how Palin thought Africa was one nation. I swear rednecks, conservaturds are the worst people in the world.
There is no continent called America. There isn't even a tectonic plate by the name. America is the short form of "The United States of America," just as "Brazil" is the short form of "The Federative Republic of Brazil."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GSOgymrat

At work they decided to have a "cultural potluck" where people are supposed sign up to bring a dish representing their cultural heritage. I wrote "Big Macs."

Jack89

Quote from: "Hydra009"You know, it really bothers me when idiots call people "Mexicans" that were actually born right here in the USA.  It implies that they're not really American.  Which is blatantly false.  Last time, I checked, Mexican was a nationality, not a race.  Ditto for American.  It should go without saying that American citizens are Americans.

It might help if Americans, born and raised, would stop calling themselves some other nationality.  I work with a 20 year U.S. Navy vet who calls himself a Mexican.  I keep telling him he's an American, a U.S. Citizen, and not a Mexican.  He just laughs.  Fucking Navy guys.

MilitantAtheist

I hate this country.

And I agree about God Bless America. It's a stupid song and I hate having my favorite sporting events interrupted by it.
If God\'s real, he sure as hell ain\'t a Red Sox fan.