Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Suicide rather than hijab

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, July 17, 2013, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... death.html

QuoteEgyptian girl shoots herself to death after refusing to wear hijab

A 15-year old Egyptian girl who rejected her family's pressures to wear the Islamic headscarf, known as the hijab, shot herself to death using her father's hand gun, Egyptian reported.
The girl, identified only as Amira , was subjected to "violence" by her family after she removed her hijab.
Preferring death to living under violence, Amira reportedly "sneaked" into her father's room, took his gun and opened fire on herself, an investigation found, according to Youm7.
The girl's suicide, which took place last week in an area of the Giza province, was reported by the popular Egyptian news website Youm7.

Jeez.....  :shock:

Eric1958

There's a reason why suicide is one of the leading causes of death for teenagers. It's a tough time of life for many of us.

Solitary

When people are willing to kill or be killed for a belief that may be, or is probably wrong, it is insane to me. How many of our finest youth of today are still dying because they think our war with terrorist is right based on a lie that started it all?  :cry:  So sad. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Quote from: "Eric1958"There's a reason why suicide is one of the leading causes of death for teenagers. It's a tough time of life for many of us.
Being a teenager is a tough time for everyone that's been a teenager.  Trite tautologies don't help.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Youssuf Ramadan

I always found the term 'shot to death' a bit weird.  Technically there's not much wrong with it, but it just sounds weird... to me, anyway.... 'shot dead' worked just fine.... :oops:

ApostateLois

Being a teenager is merely tough; being a MUSLIM FEMALE teenager is horrendous. It's not just a matter of her parents making her do something she didn't want to do. Imagine living in a culture where your every move, every thought, every action, is judged and questioned. You can't go outside without the permission, and accompaniment, of a male relative. You can't dress the way you like, or glance at another male, or talk to a male non-relative, or watch certain movies or TV shows, without being called a whore. If you laugh or cry or smile or frown, you are questioned about your emotions. You must worship God in a way that probably makes no sense, whether you believe in God or not. In most countries that are predominantly Muslim, you cannot go to school to be educated like the boys. Girls who try may be beaten, raped, starved, and even murdered just because they want to be smarter and secure a better future for themselves and their children. You can't express your opinions, or say anything bad about your parents, other adults, the ruling regime, or shitty conditions to which women are subjected. As a girl or a woman, you are not to have opinions and feelings other than what the men say you should have. If you are raped, it is your fault. How many teens in America have to put up with shit like that? The real wonder is that the suicide rate is not higher among Muslim girls--or perhaps it is, and it gets covered up or ignored because girls are possessions and don't count.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Youssuf Ramadan

Jmpty

I'd have just worn it. Suicide is so........final.
???  ??

Plu

Suicide is final, but giving in to Islam is just a few decades of being miserable and then you die anyway.

Colanth

Quote from: "ApostateLois"The real wonder is that the suicide rate is not higher among Muslim girls--or perhaps it is, and it gets covered up or ignored because girls are possessions and don't count.
But how many Muslim women insist on the "right" to wear a hijab?  When you've been so brainwashed that you actually believe that you have no existence outside of being some man's possession, you don't begin to think that there may be some other way to live.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Savior2006

I feel bad for the girl. This story breaks my heart.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano