News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Evidence for new pyramids found

Started by Seabear, July 17, 2013, 09:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabear

Mysterious, pyramid-like structures spotted in the Egyptian desert by an amateur satellite archaeologist might be long-lost pyramids after all, according to a new investigation into the enigmatic mounds.

Angela Micol, who last year found the structures using Google Earth 5,000 miles away in North Carolina, says puzzling features have been uncovered during a preliminary ground proofing expedition, revealing cavities and shafts.

http://news.discovery.com/history/archa ... 130715.htm

[youtube:391qdmt9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRxCqIuI68o[/youtube:391qdmt9]

Lost pyramids, or just a trick of geography?
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

AllPurposeAtheist

Hmm.. she's hawt, but has a boring voice.
I suppose it's cool, but it's probably not going to effect my life a helluva lot. Interesting though..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Isn't that the truth. This is interesting though. I  find it hard to believe that professional archeologist aren't looking into this more than they are if they are old pyramids. They look like natural formations to me. Solitary.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Seabear

Quote from: "Solitary"Isn't that the truth. This is interesting though. I  find it hard to believe that professional archeologist aren't looking into this more than they are if they are old pyramids. They look like natural formations to me. Solitary.
Thats the debate.

Anyway, I suspect that the unrest in Egypt may present a bit of an obstacle to both foreign and local archaeologists for the time being.

How exciting, if true tho.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Shiranu

Are natural pyramids all that common? And if they are, do they normally form in straight lines like that?

The pottery, location (by the lake) and fact that they would have been hidden also makes it seem likely that they could have been pyramids as well. I wonder what their ages are, assuming they are pyramids...

But like Smithsonian said... the only way to know is to go and check it out. Hopefully things settle down in Egypt so we can go see.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason78

It's really had a discovery channel makeover hasn't it?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

We've always had reports of "newly discovered" pyramids. Most of them don't pan out. So I'll chillax until competent people have done a look-see.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cheerful Charlie

Quote from: "Solitary"Isn't that the truth. This is interesting though. I  find it hard to believe that professional archeologist aren't looking into this more than they are if they are old pyramids. They look like natural formations to me. Solitary.

Many pyramids were little more than piles of stones faced with cut stone facings.  They often have not been well treated by time.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful  Charlie

azharrison

She seems like a self promoter using the google map and a website to finance her overseas vacations.  Those look like natural sandstone formations to me.  Sure the egytians may have considered them holy or something, but doubtful they are man-made.  

This is similar to that guy Hoagland many years back that was trying to convince everyone that NASA was hiding information about the "face on Mars".  He had an entire book full of diagrams, word salad and pseudo geometry... until the HiRes images came back.  But he sold a lot of books, got famous and was invited to attend many tinfoil conferences & UFO conventions.

Atheon

There's a single stratum layer spanning the two big pyramid-like structures at one of the sites. That's not to say that they couldn't be natural mountains which were further worked by human labor, but I'll reserve judgement until for more concrete evidence comes out.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SilentFutility

Only one thing is for certain...the big, triangular rocks have more of a personality.

Gerard

Doesn't look like anything substantial to me. I didn't see or hear a thing suggesting there was something going on that needs an explanation beyond the bleeding obvious.

Gerard

Aupmanyav

"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Gerard

Quote from: "Aupmanyav"Have I found a few?

[ Image ] [ Image ] [ Image ] [ Image ]

You know, I once heard this guy saying that the Matterhorn was a building from the Megalithic period. That was never recognized because it was too big.....

Gerard

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a feminist conspiracy..Just ask Rush! :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.