News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi There

Started by Zeto, July 15, 2013, 10:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeto

Hey. So this is my second time around, I actually made an account here a year ago I think on my old PC, but I didn't post anything and have subsequently forgotten it. My procrastination knows no bounds. Anyway I'm a 20 year old male who moved to Canada when he was 6. I was a Hindu although not very devout as I just sort of accepted the idea of multiple gods without even thinking about it. As I grew older my brother became an atheist and originally I had no idea wtf that was. Once I learned about it, I was fascinated by it and soon after I was one. I don't really know when that was, but mid teens should narrow it down. Here's a fun fact: My mom, after realizing why brother and I deconverted, is now an atheist as well. Fuck yea.

Now for the depressing shit (and by depressing shit I mean in the literal sense). About two years ago I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder after being suicidal for a few months due to my struggle finding any reason to live and in general hating the life around me. I also have social anxiety and haphephobia (a fear of physical contact with others). So yea, I'm pretty fucked up. Two years of therapy later and I'm still dealing with all the above, but at least I'm not suicidal anymore.

That's a bit about me, if you have any questions feel free to ask, and I think I'm going to enjoy being here.
I believe this is where the signature goes.

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard Zeto! You are not alone here. I have PTSD and am doing really good with the medicine I'm taking now; but all my adult life I was a mess with, free floating anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, and violent out bursts. I had periods of depression also, even to feelings of despair. The way I figure it I might as will be happy knowing it will all end someday, so why rush it, and enjoy life as much as I can. Good luck! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

_Xenu_

Another PTSD and depression sufferer here. Meds help.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Solitary

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Another PTSD and depression sufferer here. Meds help.

I'm starting to wonder if this is what makes an atheists. At another forum I'm at two other people have it also. I had a religious guy ask me if that was why I didn't believe in God when I told him what happened that caused it. I asked him that it was good reason not to believe in God isn't? He honestly could not understand why that would be a good reason. They really are not living in reality. Solitary

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Solitary"

I'm starting to wonder if this is what makes an atheists. At another forum I'm at two other people have it also. I had a religious guy ask me if that was why I didn't believe in God when I told him what happened that caused it. I asked him that it was good reason not to believe in God isn't? He honestly could not understand why that would be a good reason. They really are not living in reality. Solitary
I was an atheist before my trauma. If anything, going through something so severe without hoping for divine intervention proved that I really was an atheist.

Zeto

I was an atheist before too, and moreover the first guy I ever talked to about it (aside from the hospital and my parents) was a youth counsellor who was an atheist. To this day he remains he remains a role model to me.
I believe this is where the signature goes.

Solitary

Quote from: "_Xenu_"
Quote from: "Solitary"

I was an atheist before my trauma. If anything, going through something so severe without hoping for divine intervention proved that I really was an atheist.

I've been an atheist since I was six years old.  I know what you mean, in just the past few years I was in the hospital six times, one for prostate cancer, four more so I could pee, and three with deep vein thrombosis that went to my lungs and caused my heart to get unstable. If that all didn't make me a believer nothing will. All I thought about for three days of being deathly sick and in unbearable pain, even morphine drip and pills, was call "Doctor. Kevorkian! Solitary

WitchSabrina

Welcome aboard.  Hope you like it here.   Feeling (or being) screwy will only help you to fit in better.
We're a little like the Island of misfit toys here.

:rolleyes:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Solitary"I've been an atheist since I was six years old.  I know what you mean, in just the past few years I was in the hospital six times, one for prostate cancer, four more so I could pee, and three with deep vein thrombosis that went to my lungs and caused my heart to get unstable. If that all didn't make me a believer nothing will. All I thought about for three days of being deathly sick and in unbearable pain, even morphine drip and pills, was call "Doctor. Kevorkian! Solitary
Its a cliché that there are no atheists in foxholes, but the truth is some of us have been in much worse places.