Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Neighbors to the rescue!!

Started by aitm, July 15, 2013, 08:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Jack89"If I think I can help out, I'm not just going to call the police and watch.  I'd feel like a piece of shit if someone was hurt because I failed to act.
And how would you feel if someone was hurt because you choose to act? There is a reason that jobs meant for professionals are best left to professionals.
Completely ignores the fact that the majority of the time the professionals don't show up until it is to late to stop someone from being hurt.
It doesn't ignore it. It just accepts it because doing so is the better option.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

No, it wasn't a national trial. It was a local trial covered extensively by national media. Big difference.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jmpty

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Jmpty"Too bad they didn't have a gun. They could have just shot the guy.

nah, shooting child molesters while they are trying to kidnap a little girl might upset you.

Seriously? Did you just say that? To a father of three young children? Fuck you.
???  ??

Plu

I really, really, really hope aitm is just snarking and doesn't actually think that shooting would have been a good idea here.

aitm

Quote from: "Jmpty"
Quote from: "Jmpty"Too bad they didn't have a gun. They could have just shot the guy.

nah, shooting child molesters while they are trying to kidnap a little girl might upset you.

Seriously? Did you just say that? To a father of three young children? Fuck you.

judging by your previous posts it seemed you would object to someone taking the law into their own hands...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

This thread is unlikely to have a good outcome..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"This thread is unlikely to have a good outcome..
nah, I'm just a conversing with some folks, some who get a lil testy when folks refuse to agree with them..go figger.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"This thread is unlikely to have a good outcome..
nah, I'm just a conversing with some folks, some who get a lil testy when folks refuse to agree with them..go figger.

The irony there being that you are attacking people who agreed with you that the kids doing the right thing.

I almost missed the joke and thought you were being serious.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: "Shiranu"[
The irony there being that you are attacking people .

No, the irony in your response is that I have not attacked anyone. At all. Feel free to review any of my posts and find any one where I have resorted to profanity in my response or belittled anyone personally, go ahead, i will wait. And when you are done, go back through several threads and do the same, and when you have compiled your list, please present it. Then I suggest you review your own for the same reasons.

aitm

Quote from: "Plu"I really, really, really hope aitm is just snarking and doesn't actually think that shooting would have been a good idea here.

you must have misread the posting. Jmpty advocated shooting him, I think.

Shiranu

QuoteNo, the irony in your response is that I have not attacked anyone.

My first response...

QuoteIt's also good they didn't confront him and get themselves kidnapped/killed as well. This is how your SUPPOSE to do NHW.

They didn't take the law into their own hands and try to stop the suspect themselves; instead they waited for the police to do their job.

...me agreeing with you that they did the right thing.

Your response...

Quoteyeah, they chased him around with bicycles...thats almost like sitting on your ass and doing nothing but call someone else, little girl couldn't been gone if not for them acting and chasing

... a confrontational response to me agreeing with you.

You confronted (attacked) my position that was in agreement with yours. And how exactly is, "nah, shooting child molesters while they are trying to kidnap a little girl might upset you." not attacking someone?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

You call that attacking someone? Wow. Then you must consider what you say to people to be acting like a fucking ass suckin fuck head. Really, you should examine your treatment of people on this forum before you ever suggest I attacked anyone.

Non, the less I apologize for hurting your feelings, I will make sure to keep you on a list for kinder, gentler treatment.

Shiranu

Quote from: "aitm"You call that attacking someone? Wow. Then you must consider what you say to people to be acting like a fucking ass suckin fuck head. Really, you should examine your treatment of people on this forum before you ever suggest I attacked anyone.

Non, the less I apologize for hurting your feelings, I will make sure to keep you on a list for kinder, gentler treatment.

I consider it attacking people because IT IS.

No fucking shit I have attacked people, infact I'm going to do it right now... you're coming across as being an intentionally dense cunt right now who thinks people don't see right through his veiled insults... but then cries like a little bitch because, "OHHHH BOO HOOO PEOPLE AGREED WITH ME, I BETTER ARGUE WITH THEM FOR IT!

That is what you DO when you disagree with someone... you attack what they said! And that's what I did before now with you, but you are proving you came in here to be the victim, and you can go suck a fat chode if you think I will respect you for that.

The difference is I don't run around and say, "Oh, I never did anything wrong! It was everyone else disagreeing with me!".

And then you end it off with some coy little bullshit. You didn't come in here for a discussion, you came in here for people to disagree with you... and then when no one did, you STILL attack them! So no, I think maybe it is us who should worried about not offending you princess, since you apparently came into this thread to be offended.

But oh no, its everyone else picking on poor little you... guys, get the nerf bats, we don't want to hurt poor A's feelings by agreeing with him! But don't say anything when he throws insults back, it might hurt his poor wittle feelings!

Edit: And oh yeah, I am the big, bad forum bully! I go around attacking everyone and everyone else cowers before me! No one else on this forum has EVER thrown a personal attack, it was all big, bad Shiranu! This is a forum of saints and angels who never, EVER get into heated arguments or start throwing around insults at people who disagree with them! Because there aren't posters who CHRONICALLY offer NOTHING to the threads but insults and douche-baggery... NOPE its all just me stinkin' up the place. Go fuck yourself.

Johan

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"I don't hold it against someone for not wanting to get involved. I do however hold it against them if they argue no one else should either.
Watch a 10 year old girl get mowed down on her bike by some neighborhood hero in his car who didn't see her because he was too busy looking in the bushes while he was driving trying to find the suspicious bad guy he was following because he thought just calling the cops wasn't good enough and maybe you'll change your tune. Then again, maybe not. I have no idea what value anyone else places on the lives of innocent 10 year old girls. So maybe putting that girls live at risk is worth the off chance that a petty thief might get caught to you. It certainly isn't to me, but your values may be different. To each his own I guess. But don't you dare fucking hate me because I think not putting others at risk counts for something. Don't you ever.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

aitm

Quote from: "Shiranu"whiny blather!

meh..coming from the forum whiner...

non-the-less as I said earlier, I will try to treat your condition with special gloves.