News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Neighbors to the rescue!!

Started by aitm, July 15, 2013, 08:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07 ... -girl?lite

good thing they didn't just sit home hiding under the table waiting for the cops to show up.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

It's also good they didn't confront him and get themselves kidnapped/killed as well. This is how your SUPPOSE to do NHW.

They didn't take the law into their own hands and try to stop the suspect themselves; instead they waited for the police to do their job.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

yeah, they chased him around with bicycles...thats almost like sitting on your ass and doing nothing but call someone else, little girl couldn't been gone if not for them acting and chasing
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jmpty

Too bad they didn't have a gun. They could have just shot the guy.
???  ??

Shiranu

Quote from: "aitm"yeah, they chased him around with bicycles...thats almost like sitting on your ass and doing nothing but call someone else, little girl couldn't been gone if not for them acting and chasing

Seriously, what are you talking about?

I just said they did the right thing; they didn't engage the criminal, instead they stayed at a safe distance and reported it to the cops. When it was safe, they got the girl out (without engaging a criminal, something civilians SHOULD NOT DO).

Did you want me to say they should have broken into the guy's house and beat the shit out of him? Or was I suppose to say they should have just kept on bicycling around?

I JUST fucking said they did the right thing, and everything works out... and you criticize me for that? So are you the one saying they did the wrong thing?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: "Jmpty"Too bad they didn't have a gun. They could have just shot the guy.

nah, shooting child molesters while they are trying to kidnap a little girl might upset you.

aitm

Quote from: "Shiranu"they didn't engage the criminal
they chased him on bicycles

Quoteinstead they stayed at a safe distance and reported it to the cops.
no they chased the guy on bicycles, the cops were elsewhere in the neighborhood

QuoteWhen it was safe, they got the girl out (without engaging a criminal, something civilians SHOULD NOT DO).

uh, no, they chased the guy on bicycles until the guy pushed the girl out of the car

QuoteI JUST fucking said they did the right thing, and everything works out.?

if they had just called the cops and waited and not chased, the guy would've been long gone as evidenced by the fact that even with the road "blocked" the guy got away.

Shiranu

Quoteuh, no, they chased the guy on bicycles until the guy pushed the girl out of the car...

You're right, I misread that part. However that doesn't change the point that they never engaged the criminal.

Quoteif they had just called the cops and waited and not chased, the guy would've been long gone as evidenced by the fact that even with the road "blocked" the guy got away.

Dude... for the third time no one is saying what they did was wrong; infact, I have said what they did was RIGHT.

They FOLLOWED him, they didn't get close enough to engage him, they didn't engage him... they FOLLOWED him. I'm assuming you are trying to compare it to Zimmerman, but here would be a better comparison...

Kids chase him on bike, then get off the bikes and walk up to the driver window when he is stopped.

That is NOT what happened. They kept themselves safe, they didn't approach the suspect, they called the police and let them do their job.

I honestly don't know at this point which way you are even arguing... I am agreeing they did the right thing and you attack me for that. Given that bit of info, the only thing I can assume is that you therefor think they were in the wrong...

aitm

No my point is simple, here we have children chasing a very bad guy on bicylces, chasing the guy because they are trying to save a person, protecting their neighbors.

Zimmerman was in a neighborhood terrified of being victims where people had been shot at and trying to protect his neighborhood from another one who for some reason, spots zimmer in his car and then takes off running (that surely says he is just walking around looking at the species of trees in the area). Zimmerman gave chase because the kid took off running, (according to the script I read)

Shiranu

QuoteNo my point is simple, here we have children chasing a very bad guy on bicylces, chasing the guy because they are trying to save a person, protecting their neighbors.

And they did it THE RIGHT WAY. And that's the sad thing; little kids knew how to handle the situation better than a grown man.

QuoteZimmerman was in a neighborhood terrified of being victims where people had been shot at and trying to protect his neighborhood from another one...

I have no heard this before. I have heard the calls to police, the vandalism/theft, but never of murders happening in that neighbourhood. And if that is true, that is even more reason Zimmerman should not have approached Treyvon.

Quote...who for some reason, spots zimmer in his car and then takes off running (that surely says he is just walking around looking at the species of trees in the area).

"There is the car moving very slowly, following me for several minutes... seems legit!"

Yeah, if there is a car slowly following me for awhile with a guy on the phone in it looking at me, I am taking off too. I guess I'm a fucking criminal who deserves to be shot. Shit.

QuoteZimmerman gave chase because the kid took off running, (according to the script I read)

Which is what the pro-Zimmerman group has being saying he should have done... "If he was so afraid, why didn't he run?".

So if he runs; criminal. If he doesn't; criminal.

stromboli

they should have prayed. We all know prayer works.

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Solitary

:-D Oh yes! Happy ending accept he got away.  :x   To compare this with Zimmerman is comparing apples to oranges. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "aitm"http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/15/19489373-teens-on-bicycles-help-rescue-missing-5-year-old-girl?lite

good thing they didn't just sit home hiding under the table waiting for the cops to show up.
Quote from: "Shiranu"It's also good they didn't confront him and get themselves kidnapped/killed as well. This is how your SUPPOSE to do NHW.

They didn't take the law into their own hands and try to stop the suspect themselves; instead they waited for the police to do their job.
Boy, that escalated quickly.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "aitm"http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/15/19489373-teens-on-bicycles-help-rescue-missing-5-year-old-girl?lite

Quote from: "Shiranu"It's also good they didn't confront him and get themselves kidnapped/killed as well. This is how your SUPPOSE to do NHW.

Boy, that escalated quickly.

Considering we just had a national trial over someone approaching a perceived criminal, not really.