News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Newbie here!

Started by AlwaysLearning, July 15, 2013, 11:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysLearning

Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Stephanie, I'm 22 years old, and recently married (totally in love!). I love the outdoors; hiking, biking, and rock climbing. Also, I enjoy crafts and photography as occasional hobbies and would really like to learn how to make quilts. I go to school online (full time) at Liberty University, but don't hold me to their beliefs. I am indeed a Christian, but I don't affiliate myself with one specific denomination. I'm not here to "convince you that you're stupid" like some might believe, because I know quite the contrary! I used to be an atheist and was on a few atheist forum communities myself and I remember how intelligent the people on those boards were. So, I'm back to learn how to defend my beliefs a little better and address some really good questions that people have about Christianity. So ask away!

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

DunkleSeele

Welcome to the dark side, Stephanie!  :-D

AlwaysLearning

Thanks for the welcome guys! Can't wait to get to know yall a little better! What are yall's names?

Quote from: "DunkleSeele"Welcome to the dark side, Stephanie!  :-D

haha yall have cookies, right?!

the_antithesis

Solitary

:-D  Welcome aboard AlwaysLearning! Be prepared to burn from the flaming luls here. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

:popcorn:

The perky is strong in this one.

mykcob4

Quote from: "AlwaysLearning"Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Stephanie, I'm 22 years old, and recently married (totally in love!). I love the outdoors; hiking, biking, and rock climbing. Also, I enjoy crafts and photography as occasional hobbies and would really like to learn how to make quilts. I go to school online (full time) at Liberty University, but don't hold me to their beliefs. I am indeed a Christian, but I don't affiliate myself with one specific denomination. I'm not here to "convince you that you're stupid" like some might believe, because I know quite the contrary! I used to be an atheist and was on a few atheist forum communities myself and I remember how intelligent the people on those boards were. So, I'm back to learn how to defend my beliefs a little better and address some really good questions that people have about Christianity. So ask away!
Liberty University is not a real school. It's a brainwash center for sheep that grants a fake degree. Liberty is a disgrace. It doesn't teach good science and replaces it with pseudo- science that fits its political believes.
You could have never been an atheist because there is no such thing as an atheist converting to christian. The fact is that you were a person that didn't know what to believe in and you allowed someone to brainwash you. An atheist thinks for themselves and isn't taken in by things that have no bearing in fact.
I put it to you that you cannot prove a god, a miracle or anything that can be associated by the christian tenets.
Heres a test about your socalled university. Do they teach that this nation was based on judeo-christian principles or that this is and always has been a secular nation? If they don't endorse the latter then their accreditation is invalid.
Pseudo-science, revissionist history, is all that is taught at the jerry falwell school of brainwashing known as liberty university. Just look at the name of the city where it is founded. It's Lynchburg Tennessee. It's called Lynchburg because they practiced lynching blacks. So racial prejudice is a hallmark of your socalled school. They beleive that you can "pray the gay away', as if gays have a choice of who and how they are.
So newbie I welcome you to have HONEST discussions, but I certainly don't believe that will ever happen as your core belief is based on a lie and a myth. All christians are hypocrites, so it will take a great deal for you to prove otherwise. I have a slogan for all christains, and conservatives, especially those associated with liberty university: "Do us all a favor and kill yourself, but be considerate and don't leave a mess."
This is a SECULAR nation. Religion is a myth and a lie. There is no god and never has been.
So go find Elvis, bigfoot, Nessy, but don't come here and pretend that you are the first and what would be the only christian that first converted from atheism (never happened), that you are pusuing a REAL degree from a REAL university, that you an intellect worthy of consideration.
Do us all a favor......!

Fidel_Castronaut

Married. That won't stop aitm.

Welcome :)
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

stromboli

Just got that off your chest right from the get go there, mykcob. Truth is he's right. Liberty University doesn't appear on any accredited list of schools anywhere, and if you were an atheist you were really not paying attention. You don't go to a school like Liberty unless you are so indoctrinated in the religion that you don't even consider outside information, which means you were never an atheist.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "stromboli"You don't go to a school like Liberty unless you are so indoctrinated in the religion that you don't even consider outside information, which means you were never an atheist.

Zing!

Plu

Auch. That's a pretty tough start. Welcome aboard anyway :)

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "AlwaysLearning"Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Stephanie, I'm 22 years old, and recently married (totally in love!). I love the outdoors; hiking, biking, and rock climbing. Also, I enjoy crafts and photography as occasional hobbies and would really like to learn how to make quilts. I go to school online (full time) at Liberty University, but don't hold me to their beliefs. I am indeed a Christian, but I don't affiliate myself with one specific denomination. I'm not here to "convince you that you're stupid" like some might believe, because I know quite the contrary! I have never been atheist and was on a few atheist forum communities myself and I remember how intelligent the people on those boards were. So, I'm back to learn how to defend my beliefs a little better and address some really good questions that people have about Christianity. So ask away!
Fixed that for you.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Solitary

Well this started with a Big Bang didn't? This reminds me of when WC Fields was lying on his death bed with a bible. He was asked: "I thought you were an atheist?" He replied: "I am, but I'm trying to find away out of this." Even though the fear of death is not rational, the finality of it still gets to you when your dying.  8-[  Solitary

Solitary

QuoteSo ask away!
OK! Do you believe all the gods in the past were real? Solitary