Cancer "Wonder Drug" Begins Human Trials 2014

Started by _Xenu_, July 12, 2013, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: "Colanth"Thank you.  Too bad malignant cells don't express some unique feature.  Then H5N1 flu would be far more serious than cancer.
That is exactly what research projects concentrating on various cancers are looking for and have been for some time. It looks like this is what they have done, found something unique. Cancer cells over-express this protein, so it's a good target to pursue. It's not the first such target though.

And since you brought it up, I fear the influenza virus more than any other.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Colanth

I think I would fear smallpox even more, if I weren't congenitally immune to it.  Even if it only exists in labs.  (We all know that no one in a lab ever makes a mistake.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

hillbillyatheist

nobody I know personally has ever died of the flu or smallpox. I know personally like 20 people who died of cancer.

so yeah its a disease I fear above any other.

I'll be dancing in the streets the day they announce the war on cancer won.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here