More sexist violence against women.

Started by Brian37, July 11, 2013, 01:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

LOL! Brian thats the daily mail.

they have a reputation for just making shit up. like the story about the female dentist who pulled all her ex-boyfriends teeth.

of course they also sometimes post legit stories. I don't even know how this rag is legal.

now this story could be true, but I won't believe it from the daily mail. I'll need abetter more reliable source.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Brian37

Shit, but would it surprise you if something like that did happen?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Makes me human, not stupid. Malala got shot in the head for wanting an education, so.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

surly74

man, that's going to make it tough for her to cook.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

hillbillyatheist

I googled and found the story on the BBC site too, so its probably legit.  

just never trust the daily mail.

you see a story there, google it to see if it appears on a more legit place like the BBC, or PBS.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Youssuf Ramadan

This story is horrendous.  But.... the Daily Mail wants you to believe that this is SOP for all muslims, because that's part of the DM agenda.  Plenty of Brits will comply.  Meanwhile Israel continues years of genocide in the occupied territories and the Daily Mail reports as little of that as it can get away with.
The Daily Mail is the worst aspects of Britain masquerading as the best.  It's a dumbass tabloid pretending to be a newspaper for the educated.

Brian37

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"This story is horrendous.  But.... the Daily Mail wants you to believe that this is SOP for all muslims, because that's part of the DM agenda.  Plenty of Brits will comply.  Meanwhile Israel continues years of genocide in the occupied territories and the Daily Mail reports as little of that as it can get away with.
The Daily Mail is the worst aspects of Britain masquerading as the best.  It's a dumbass tabloid pretending to be a newspaper for the educated.

Don't get me started on that region. BOTH sides are bat shit insane, sorry. No you do not get a pass simply because Isreal does stupid shit.

That entire conflict is because of religion, and has been long before the 40s when Israel became a nation. You pit to tribal gangs involved in a land grab staking claim about it because "Allah/Yahweh" said so, shit like this is going to happen.

I do not trust the leadership of Palestine . All they would do if they got everything they wanted would be to create enough of a buffer to build up their own arms to use against Israel. They are not interested in setting up a western style secular democracy.

"He started it" is bullshit, that "virtue of the oppressed" is the same shit Jews use in milking the holocaust, which is why they do what they do. They too would say "Look what they do to us, look how we have to live in fear".

Both sides are behaving like cops showing up to a domestic dispute where they point fingers at each other after assaulting each other. Neither side is interested in any real peace. For that to happen it would require more individuals on both sides to see that this is nothing more than evolutionary tribalism. Until they see each other as the same species this shit will not stop.

Now here is where you come in and say "THAT IS NOT TRUE, Palestinians do want a western democracy". Maybe some, but certainly not enough considering who they put in power.

There are no Jewish babies or Muslim babies or Christian babies, there are simply idiot adults who sell their traditions as political gospel to their respective youth. Of course you are going to want to fight back(them and you) if you see death all the time.

All you would have to do to show how stupid adults are, would be to put their 3 and 4 year olds in a room, a few from both sides, and if those kids have not been indoctrinated, they will form their own friendships and clicks outside adult influence.

Kids are taught hate and adults buy it and sell it. I hate the adults on both sides who are too fucking stupid to see the reality that this bullshit is nothing but evolutionary tribalism.

"He started it" has a shelf life and since both sides say "he started it" I really don't give a fuck other than telling both sides to KNOCK IT OFF!

Brian37

As Hitchens put it "the parties of God", and I say "fuck the parties of any God" even a state being a god.

We are humans first and individuals first and we are, traced back far enough, part of a common evolution.

When Israelis and Palestinians get this, and enough of them get it, then progress will be made and the trouble makers on both sides will be marginalized.

Brian37

Oh and a big part of that conflict is the military and weapons industry, they don't want that conflict ending because the weapons industry is owned by both sides, invested in by both sides. Death is profitable, or didn't you know that?

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Brian37"Don't get me started on that region. BOTH sides are bat shit insane, sorry. No you do not get a pass simply because Isreal does stupid shit.
A pass for what?  Are you some sort of gatekeeper here or something?

Quote from: "Brian37"That entire conflict is because of religion, and has been long before the 40s when Israel became a nation. You pit to tribal gangs involved in a land grab staking claim about it because "Allah/Yahweh" said so, shit like this is going to happen.

It started with religion and is swept along by religion, but has been hijacked by the West in the interests of Anglo/US geopolitical hegemony in the middle east.   Those ragheads are sat on our oil, remember?

Quote from: "Brian37"Now here is where you come in and say "THAT IS NOT TRUE, Palestinians do want a western democracy". Maybe some, but certainly not enough considering who they put in power.

Don't put words in my mouth when you have no idea what my views are.

However, I do agree with much of your post.

Israel invaded Palestine, Lebanon and Syria in the interests of securing the Greater Israel.  With regard to Palestine, the people want an opportunity to live in something that approaches freedom - not some Israel-ruled bantustan where food, water and medical attention are largely unavailable due to illegal Israeli embargoes, and Israel can bulldoze inhabited civilian settlements and shell UN hospitals with white phosphorus ordnance without censure.

Quote from: "Brian37"I do not trust the leadership of Palestine . All they would do if they got everything they wanted would be to create enough of a buffer to build up their own arms to use against Israel. They are not interested in setting up a western style secular democracy.

The Palestinian people came out and voted for a group that would stand up to Israel rather than be cowed over and accept being told to shut the fuck up and take what US-backed violence Israel is perpetrating there.  Whether that is a good thing for the Palestinians in the long term remains to be seen, but props to them for having the balls to come out and vote after the slaughter that has been meted out to them to try and force them to vote for the US stooge.

It is certainly an interesting point that the Palestinian 'government' is one of the few democratically elected governments in the Middle East.  It would seem that democracy is only acceptable of it is in Anglo/US/Israeli interests there.

Palestine has been willing to accept UN peace proposals in recent history, yet the US has vetoed these resolutions on Israel's behalf on at least 2 occasions.  Israel will not accept peace until they've got all the land they desire, and the US will continue to veto any attempt at peace in its own interests, and also those of AIPAC and the Christian Zionists in USA.

But yes - religion.  Pile of shite.  Aside from its own bunch of bronze-age guff, it is also the rallying point over other problems.

Anyway, the point I was originally trying to make was that the Daily Mail is very heavily skewed in its reporting.  but then, it is certainly not alone in that in Britain.

Colanth

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"With regard to Palestine, the people want an opportunity to live in something that approaches freedom
The area was divided, by the UN, into 2 areas - Israel for Jews and Jordan for "Palestinians".  Ask Abdullah II ibn Al-Hussein why he isn't letting them set up a Palestinian state there.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Youssuf Ramadan

The UN is a joke, and a piss-poor joke at that.  And I strongly suspect King Hussein has enough problems of his own.  :wink:

Colanth

You missed the point.  The "Palestinians" already have a country - the one given them by Partition.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Colanth"You missed the point.  The "Palestinians" already have a country - the one given them by Partition.
They also had a country before foreign powers took over and dictated who could live where. Just because "the U.N. mandated it" doesn't mean they had a right to do so. The European Jews were not living in Palestine before it was given to the State of Israel, and the Palestinian Jews had done just fine living among the Palestinian Muslims for centuries. It's an entirely manufactured problem.

Now unfortunately it's too late to reverse the legacy of colonialism, but that's hardly a reason to make such a ridiculous statement about how things were set up over there. The situation isn't going to be resolved by reverting to the same colonial thought process that created it in the first place.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel