Today, in the land of the free

Started by Nonsensei, July 10, 2013, 12:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm trolling as opposed to false panic about the fall of western civilization as we know it? Nosense you're usually tossing all this 'the big bad gubnit is out of control' crap. You sound like the 'out of the ashes' broken record.
So report me to the proper authorities if you don't like my views or style. I suspect you're probably a snitch anyway.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Sal1981"I'd expect this from some fascist shithole, not the U.S.
That's the thing.  We've been inching towards the former for decades.

ozymandias

Actually we may already qualify as a fascist government.  A little history, Benito mussolini created fascism, it was a fusion of corporate and governmental power with the government in control.  What we have in this country is a fusion of corporate and governmental power with the corporations in control.  Same fusion different boss.

Shiranu

Quote from: "ozymandias"Actually we may already qualify as a fascist government.  A little history, Benito mussolini created fascism, it was a fusion of corporate and governmental power with the government in control.  What we have in this country is a fusion of corporate and governmental power with the corporations in control.  Same fusion different boss.

Not nearly as authoritarian yet, or at least not as publicly.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

AllPurposeAtheist

I see and hear a whole lot of bitching going on. How many of you would put your LIFE on the line to stop it all instead of whining on internet forums?
Revolutions don't come cheap, but to the oligarch your life is worth less than shit. Prove them wrong because if you don't your life is worth less than shit.

IMMadAsHell

QuoteThe FBI had a program to assassinate OWS movement leaders.

Very misleading.  With just a little bit of research you can find out that the FBI Knew of a plot and not that they had a program to assassinate OWS movement leaders.  

The story, for what it's worth, is that the FBI failed to notify the OWS movement of the plot's existence.

As an aside to the Occupy Movement story and how the authorities treated them I question why all the police departments deemed it necessary to come out in full riot gear and in full force for the occupy movement as opposed to the police presence in the Tea Party protestors.  When I see the pictures of the Occupy Wall Street protestors and compare them to the Tea Party protestors I notice that one (OWS) is obviously a peaceful protest while the other (Tea Party) is toting guns and appears much more threatening.  

Maybe it's just me but I would say that the ones brandishing guns would pose the largest threat.
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony

Two hands working can accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer. – Anonymous

Shiranu

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I see and hear a whole lot of bitching going on. How many of you would put your LIFE on the line to stop it all instead of whining on internet forums?
Revolutions don't come cheap, but to the oligarch your life is worth less than shit. Prove them wrong because if you don't your life is worth less than shit.

Oh for fuck's sake dude.

God forbid people point out the government is doing something wrong but not go and bomb a state house or something! It couldn't possibly be that some of us think that the system can be changed through nonviolent means, like it has before... no, we are just being whiny bitches.

But no, if you aren't out there hanging rich people... "LOL DUDE Y U BITCH BUT NO REVOLT LOLOLOL!!!". Fuck off.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Colanth

Quote from: "IMMadAsHell"As an aside to the Occupy Movement story and how the authorities treated them I question why all the police departments deemed it necessary to come out in full riot gear and in full force for the occupy movement as opposed to the police presence in the Tea Party protestors.  When I see the pictures of the Occupy Wall Street protestors and compare them to the Tea Party protestors I notice that one (OWS) is obviously a peaceful protest while the other (Tea Party) is toting guns and appears much more threatening.  

Maybe it's just me but I would say that the ones brandishing guns would pose the largest threat.
The ones with guns, who are in favor of what the police are doing, pose very little threat to the police.  Those with no guns, but who are opposed to the police, do.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I'm trolling as opposed to false panic about the fall of western civilization as we know it? Nosense you're usually tossing all this 'the big bad gubnit is out of control' crap. You sound like the 'out of the ashes' broken record.
So report me to the proper authorities if you don't like my views or style. I suspect you're probably a snitch anyway.

No matter how solid the evidence is you simply refuse to give the slightest shit. I imagine you would be 100% okay if congress passed a law that said government officials can legally rape whomever they want because "its always been that way anyway" or some other mindless platitude. You're a worthless piece of shit troll because all you do is sit there and deny deny deny and deny that these revelations about the government are of any significance. Theres almost no substance whatsoever to any of your responses and its clear to anyone who keeps even some vague track of your posting that you say what you say to get a rise out of people.

TROLL

But aside from reporting not being my style (I have never once reported anyone on this forum or any other forum I've ever posted on for any reason), it would also be pointless since rule enforcement on these boards is an inevitable popularity contest anyway.

Ill satisfy myself with pointing out what a shitbag you are whenever necessary.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

IMMadAsHell

QuoteThe ones with guns, who are in favor of what the police are doing, pose very little threat to the police. Those with no guns, but who are opposed to the police, do.

Let me see if I understand you.  I oppose the police's over reaction to non violent protests and have no gun so that makes me a bigger threat than those who are brandishing weapons and support the police?  

Your logic escapes me sir.
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony

Two hands working can accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer. – Anonymous

Jack89

Quote from: "IMMadAsHell"
QuoteThe ones with guns, who are in favor of what the police are doing, pose very little threat to the police. Those with no guns, but who are opposed to the police, do.

Let me see if I understand you.  I oppose the police's over reaction to non violent protests and have no gun so that makes me a bigger threat than those who are brandishing weapons and support the police?  

Well, it seems it would make you a bigger threat, at least to the police.  Possessing a firearm, in itself, doesn't make you a threat.

Hydra009

Quote from: "IMMadAsHell"Let me see if I understand you.  I oppose the police's over reaction to non violent protests and have no gun so that makes me a bigger threat than those who are brandishing weapons and support the police?  

The point is that if you're protesting for the status quo (in the teabaggers' case, status quo ante), you're not a threat to the status quo.

Agramon

Quote from: "stromboli"Uruguay.
No, u r.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Johan

Quote from: "IMMadAsHell"
QuoteThe FBI had a program to assassinate OWS movement leaders.

Very misleading.  With just a little bit of research you can find out that the FBI Knew of a plot and not that they had a program to assassinate OWS movement leaders.  

The story, for what it's worth, is that the FBI failed to notify the OWS movement of the plot's existence.
This.

And that is how the little molehill that could became the mighty mountain.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful