And You Thought the other Candidates For President Were Bad

Started by Solitary, July 08, 2013, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GurrenLagann

Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Solitary

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Quote from: "Solitary"Yeah, this is the guy we want with the red button and telephone. I wonder if Gary Busy will be his running mate?  :shock:   :popcorn:  Solitary

Stephen Baldwin for Attorney general.  Didn't he play a lawyer once?
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

stromboli

Ted Nugent is a douche with a big mouth. Nothing more.

LikelyToBreak

Why can't we get decent people to run for office?  I remember one time voting for a candidate, other than myself, who I felt good about voting for.  When I used to vote, it seemed like it was for the lesser of two evils.   Kind like deciding between the horse thief and the cattle rustler, for the county judge.  

Personally, I blame the press.  They are not doing their jobs in letting the people know what is really going in our government.  The press used to be offended with a politician spinning them.  Now they check with politicians, to make sure they have the spin correct.  And are proud of it.  :roll:

I have seen the press misreport things so many times, that I no longer trust them at all.  Well, they do get the weather right once in a while.  But, usually they just report the approved news for the masses.  Don't believe me.  Watch the network news, then check the alternative news sources.  Which admittedly aren't better.  But, if the mass media news were really telling the truth, then how can the alternative news media report things so differently?  Of course, you become a real believer in the dishonesty of the press, when you have been there and saw what really happened.  Been there myself a few times.

Enough of my rant. Sorry.  :oops:

Minimalist

So?  He's full of shit.  So are almost all republicunts.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SGOS

You never know what the public is going to buy.  Offering bizarre choices seems to be part of the strategy.  Throw some pasta against the wall and see what sticks.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  If the public doesn't buy it, find a way to disown it and throw it in the dumpster.  If it does buy it, you've got yourself a candidate.  You can worry about putting a leash on him later.  Even if Nugent remains an also ran, the fact that he ran on the Republican ticket reinforces the message that the Republican party is the gun ownership party.  Even if he doesn't get the nomination, he helps solidify some votes.

Of course, he will also tarnish the Republican party to a degree, but the strategists are only looking for that extra 2% needed to get their party to power.  It's not about the rights of citizens anyway.  Each party wants to be the one to do favors for their corporate sponsors.  A certain amount of window dressing is necessary to get them to power.

AllPurposeAtheist

The public at large seems immune to reports of outrageous behavior or comments. Look who the Democratic frontrunner for mayor of NYC is.. Anthony Weiner and who's running for city comptroller? Eliot Spitzer of 'Let's hire prostitutes in the governors mansion' fame..  There's actually a chance of Nuggent getting his party's nomination even if it be a joke on the GOP.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Seabear

I am from Texas and get tired of everyone making fun of how backwards Texas is (it's not ENTIRELY true...), but it would be worth it for the sheer comedic value (and SNL source material) to see Ted Nugent and Rick Perry debate each other inthe GOP primaries. OMFG I can't wait.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

mykcob4

Quote from: "Solitary":rollin:

Outspoken rocker Ted Nugent is weighing his political options and considering a run for the White House.

The conservative Republican has earned a name for himself in the political arena as an advocate for hunting and gun ownership rights, and now he is considering a presidential bid in 2016.

He tells the Washington Post, "Yeah, I'm thinking about it. ... Things are just so wrong in the country now. And I know that my answers would make things wonderful."

The guitarist has teased the public about the possibility of running for office before, but his wife, Shemane Deziel, insists this time her husband is for real, explaining, "He's talked about it before. But this time he seems more serious. People are constantly asking him to run."

And former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has already thrown his support behind the 64-year-old musician, even offering to help launch Nugent's electoral campaign.

He adds, "Ted says things in public that I wouldn't even say in private, but what people look for more than anything is authenticity. I'm probably as strait-laced a Republican as there is, but I'd rather be around Ted Nugent, who has an absolute honesty about him, than a so-called values guy who is secretly bedding down half his staff. ... If he runs, I'll go help him."

Nugent has been a very vocal opponent of current U.S. leader Barack Obama and his government -- in the run-up to the last presidential election in 2012, he hit the stage at a National Rifle Association convention and told the crowd, "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

I'm really disappointed he didn't keep his word; maybe he should run for president, that seems to be the common denominator to be one.  :roll:  

He also got into trouble by encouraging Republican voters to "chop Democrats" heads off in November. His remarks led to a Secret Service investigation and cost him a gig at Fort Knox alongside REO Speedwagon and Styx.

Yeah, this is the guy we want with the red button and telephone. I wonder if Gary Busy will be his running mate?  :shock:   :popcorn:  Solitary
I hope ole doper ted runs. I mean the progression of the conservatives is really reaching new heights(lows). Can you imagine the vote count? 12 million illegal gun owners rednecks teabaggers hillbillies dopers and the such actually organizing to vote for ted. Why if he made it(big if) we would be at war and then we'll really show those Brits a thing or two.
I have watched the speedy decline of the conservative movement since before Nixon. How they all love Reagan like a god. How they embrace the nuttiest anticonstitutional crap that comes along. The newest flavor of stupidity shows up and they either vote for it or endorse it.
"The only way to stop gun violence is to have more guns." "There is no such thing as global warming and wind generators are bad for the environment." "I can see Russia from my house." "Unions especially teachers are causing black helicopters to circle my house." "Stand your ground means that you can shoot any minority upon sight." "People don't need money, food, shelter, medical care, education, a job, clothing, dignity. They just need to pray more and accept JEEEZUS!" "If we don't let corrupt corporate monopolies evade taxes and dictate laws, then this nation will collapse."
Ted Nugent is just the latest crazy batshit thing to come along, like Palin, and Rick Perry.

Jason Harvestdancer

He won't be the candidate.  He doesn't pass the "next in line" test.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Maybe he'll pick Chucky Jesus Norris as his running mate and they can take 1000 years leading us out of self imposed 'darkness'..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

:evil:

stromboli

I'd be willing to believe he made the statement based on a beer bet.