Author Topic: Ramadan  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Fidel_Castronaut

• Jacuzzi Member
  • ¿ɯǝlqoɹԀ ˙ƃuᴉʇᴉɹʍ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
Ramadan
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:53:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:59:12 PM by Harbinger »
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Offline Seabear

Re: Ramadan
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
I think it's spelled "Ramada Inn"
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
Fasting changes the chemicals in the brain.  Therefore, I hypothesize believers who fast get a bigger "God High" from the experience.  The rest of us just get more restless.

Obviously, Channel 4 is pandering to the Muslims.  They, the Channel 4 administrators, hope by this pandering to avoid another 7/7.  Seems cowardly to me. But, then I don't have all of the information they have.  Maybe it is just a way to attract more viewers.  But, the pandering to avoid violence seems more likely to me.

Offline Solitary

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
My ancestors fasted to bring about an illusionary trance to see there spirit guide when becoming a man. I would think it is for the same reason, to get inside your head and out of the real world we live in.  Peyote, LSD, Shrooms, and many herbs can help too. Don't blame me if you try them. It can be a living hell, not just a good trip. When there is a group of people doing this it brings people closer together. Kind of like men and women in combat, in a spiritual sense.  :-$ I'm trying to meditate. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
I always think fondly of Ramadan. I used to have quite a few employees who were from Somalia, and during Ramadan, they fasted during the day, but in the evening, they would break out the sambusa, these delicious little turnover like things, filled with meat and veggies. Without fail they would share them with me, and everyone else at work. They were, and I'm sure still are, some of the kindest, most gracious people I have ever known.
???  ??

Mnf

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
Just to clarify, people may argue and justify the benefits of fasting which you may or may not agree with. One of the core explanation of the benefits was provided by prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself:
"Allah, the Lord of Honor and glory says: All other deeds of man are for himself, but his fasting is purely for Me and I shall reward him for it. The fast is a shield. When any of you is fasting he should abstain from loose talk and noisy exchanges. Should anyone revile him or seek to pick a quarrel with him, he should respond with: I am observing a fast. By Him in Whose hands is the life of Muhammad, the breath of one who is fasting is purer in the sight of Allah than the fragrance of musk. One who fasts experiences two joys: he is joyful when he breaks his fast, and he is joyful by virtue of his fast when he meets his Lord".

In the Quran, Allah states: "Oh you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you many learn piety and righteousness"

Offline aitm

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 06:10:51 PM »
The fragrance of musk stinks like the balls of a camel...that would go along way explaining the fucking wackadoodle that is mohamad the cave dweller.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
Look up "Ramadan babies".  They are generally smaller and have health issues later in their life compared to their counterparts that weren't gestated during Ramadan.
Watch my fanfilm

Film the sequel

Offline Hijiri Byakuren

• ULC Minister, Honorary Doctor of Divinity
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • That's DOCTOR Hijiri, to you!
    • Sargon Lore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
"Purification by fasting" roughly translates to: "God disapproves of you having shit in your large intestine while worshiping him." Which begs the question, why give people the need to eat in the first place when you could just make us all like the Protoss and get all our sustenance from light? (And make us badass psychics while he's at it.) At the very least we would be in a constant "pure" state for worship purposes.

It seems odd that their god would design us in a manner contrary to what he wants. Make us like sex, then forbid promiscuity. Make us need food, but then forbid it in daylight hours for a month. Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste! Taste... don't swallow!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:31:26 PM by Hijiri Byakuren »

Offline StupidWiz

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:44:14 PM »
Yup, another month of suffering for me. I'll have to eat and drink discreetly, wake up very early (around 3 AM in the morning) to eat Sahur and then continue to pray Subh. Also after breaking the fast, I'm gonna have to pray Tarwih at the mosque for about 3 hours every night.  :roll:

Muslims who are fasting are not allowed to eat, drink, smoke, have sex even masturbate from 4 AM to generally 6 PM. This is worse if the day temperature is really hot (thirsty!), and you travel outside a lot. Also, food court or stands are generally closed or covered so that Muslims are not "disturbed" by the outside temptation, which is weird, cause the essence of Ramadan fasting is to test yourself, to hold yourself from giving in temptation of worldly desire. What good is it if the temptation is eliminated anyway?  :roll:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Offline stromboli

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
We need holidays that require endless sex and stuffing your face with meat, preferably bacon. That I could live with. Maybe an atheist Lent, or something.

Offline StupidWiz

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 10:06:19 PM »
Quote from: "stromboli"
We need holidays that require endless sex and stuffing your face with meat, preferably bacon. That I could live with. Maybe an atheist Lent, or something.
Agreed!  :lol:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Offline DunkleSeele

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10:29 AM »
Quote from: "Mnf"
Just to clarify, people may argue and justify the benefits of fasting which you may or may not agree with. One of the core explanation of the benefits was provided by prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself:
"Allah, the Lord of Honor and glory says: All other deeds of man are for himself, but his fasting is purely for Me and I shall reward him for it. The fast is a shield. When any of you is fasting he should abstain from loose talk and noisy exchanges. Should anyone revile him or seek to pick a quarrel with him, he should respond with: I am observing a fast. By Him in Whose hands is the life of Muhammad, the breath of one who is fasting is purer in the sight of Allah than the fragrance of musk. One who fasts experiences two joys: he is joyful when he breaks his fast, and he is joyful by virtue of his fast when he meets his Lord".

In the Quran, Allah states: "Oh you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you many learn piety and righteousness"
You call it an explanation, but it's just made-up bullshit coming from a disgusting criminal called Muhammad pbuh (pedophile bastard, useless humanoid).

Offline Colanth

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »
Quote from: "DunkleSeele"
it's just made-up bullshit coming from a disgusting criminal called Muhammad pbuh (pedophile bastard, useless [s:2gjczi4m]humanoid[/s:2gjczi4m] hemorrhoid).
FIFY
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Offline Solitary

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »
:prayer:  :prayer:  :prayer:  :prayer:  :prayer:  ALLAHU AKBAR!  :shock:  8-[  sOLITARY
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk