World Nut Dummies falsely accuse atheists of censorship.

Started by Brian37, July 08, 2013, 06:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I have got to side with the professor and his supporters on this.  While I don't agree with ID, I do think he should be allowed to voice his views.
Voice his views, yes.  Teach bullshit as fact, from a position of authority?  Sorry, but that subverts the very notion of "school".

The DI itself has admitted that ID is just a dishonest name for Christian Creationism.  If the course was labeled something like "The Christian god and the creation of everything", which would at least be honest, there wouldn't be any discussion.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

The Skeletal Atheist

I wanna chemistry teacher that teaches alchemy instead. I'm also offended by the idea of the water cycle! I mean, it's clearly God's love that replenishes aquifers!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Brian37

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I have got to side with the professor and his supporters on this.  While I don't agree with ID, I do think he should be allowed to voice his views.
Voice his views, yes.  Teach bullshit as fact, from a position of authority?  Sorry, but that subverts the very notion of "school".

The DI itself has admitted that ID is just a dishonest name for Christian Creationism.  If the course was labeled something like "The Christian god and the creation of everything", which would at least be honest, there wouldn't be any discussion.

Yes, OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF SCIENCE.

If a college wants to start an "elective" course on broom flight and call it "Harry Potter theory of flight" I DON'T GIVE ONE FUCK.

If there don't have to be any standards, then because a business is private, that means that one car company who makes breaks by universal standards is being a dick, because another car company wants "pixy dust" theory on breaks. Who cares, because it is freedom of speech.

I don't give a fuck about freedom of speech, that is a given. But education ON SCIENTIFIC ISSUES, is not something you hand off to comic book assholes who don't like the fact that time has passed them by, because of some stupid sense of political correctness.

YES they can claim whatever the fuck they want. Like you can claim the earth is flat all you want. But I don't want education standards based on archaic superstitious BULLSHIT.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37