Egyptian kid on monopoly of power and theocracies.

Started by Brian37, July 07, 2013, 07:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... eDm2PrNV1I

Fucking awesome, Arab world getting more Jefferson's and Paines. Just what the doctor ordered. Smart kid.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Shiranu

They've been there awhile, they just now are having the means to spread their message and aren't being killed on sight.

Edit: Maybe not that young though :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

The theocrats still wield enormous power there. It's doubtful they'll just switch to a Jeffersonian democracy anytime soon.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"The theocrats still wield enormous power there. It's doubtful they'll just switch to a Jeffersonian democracy anytime soon.

Come on, give human beings credit. You look at enough history, we tend to progress more than regress. I think the key is media, and anti monopoly laws. You give enough people access to a variety of claims, sure Kool Aid will be drunk and sold. But we also have overcome our past as well. I see far to many stories in human history to doubt the voices of kids like this.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37