News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Google+ ?????? - a poll

Started by PickelledEggs, July 06, 2013, 11:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I haven't really been too active on Google plus, but recently I found myself really getting in to it again.

Personally I prefer G+

In my opinion:
It is so much cleaner and uncluttered, not to mention way more organized.

It has better sharing options so I don't have to have people see things I don't want them to see. If I only want a few people to see a post, it is really simple to do that.

The chat is better in terms of quality and features (and videochat)

I could keep going, but I think you see my point of why I like it.

My ONLY gripe with it is that I don't think that enough people caught on to it / are using it. I think if more people used it it would be a much more useful site.

Which do you prefer? And why?

the_antithesis

I do not network because I am not social.

the_antithesis

Yes, but this is the best kind of socializing because I don't like being, you know, touched.

NikoS

I prefer facebook, mainly because of its reach.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

trdsf

I despise both: Google+ because Google absolutely went out of their way to abuse their effective monopoly power to cram it down the throats of YouTube users; and Facebook because you could drive an ocean liner through their security holes, and fit how much they care about user privacy into Barbie's navel -- and so far as I know, she doesn't have one.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on October 17, 2017, 12:41:29 PM
I despise both: Google+ because Google absolutely went out of their way to abuse their effective monopoly power to cram it down the throats of YouTube users; and Facebook because you could drive an ocean liner through their security holes, and fit how much they care about user privacy into Barbie's navel -- and so far as I know, she doesn't have one.

All the new kingpins are like dolls, shiny on the outside, hollow on the inside.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I use the lesser sites.  They work well enough for me, and collect less information.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 01:24:08 AM
I use the lesser sites.  They work well enough for me, and collect less information.

So you admit they spy on you?  Conspiracy much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:17:50 AM
So you admit they spy on you?  Conspiracy much?

No, of course.  But I do avoid the sites that collect the most and protect it least. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 01:24:08 AM
Likewise.  I post very sporadically on Wordpress and Ello, but I generally prefer dedicated fora like these.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan