Author Topic: Google+ ?????? - a poll  (Read 781 times)

Offline PickelledEggs (OP)

Google+ ?????? - a poll
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »
I haven't really been too active on Google plus, but recently I found myself really getting in to it again.

Personally I prefer G+

In my opinion:
It is so much cleaner and uncluttered, not to mention way more organized.

It has better sharing options so I don't have to have people see things I don't want them to see. If I only want a few people to see a post, it is really simple to do that.

The chat is better in terms of quality and features (and videochat)

I could keep going, but I think you see my point of why I like it.

My ONLY gripe with it is that I don't think that enough people caught on to it / are using it. I think if more people used it it would be a much more useful site.

Which do you prefer? And why?
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Re: Google+ ?????? - a poll
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:19:35 AM »
I do not network because I am not social.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »
Yes, but this is the best kind of socializing because I don't like being, you know, touched.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 04:23:20 AM »
I prefer facebook, mainly because of its reach.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

Offline trdsf

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 12:41:29 PM »
I despise both: Google+ because Google absolutely went out of their way to abuse their effective monopoly power to cram it down the throats of YouTube users; and Facebook because you could drive an ocean liner through their security holes, and fit how much they care about user privacy into Barbie's navel -- and so far as I know, she doesn't have one.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline Baruch

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »
I despise both: Google+ because Google absolutely went out of their way to abuse their effective monopoly power to cram it down the throats of YouTube users; and Facebook because you could drive an ocean liner through their security holes, and fit how much they care about user privacy into Barbie's navel -- and so far as I know, she doesn't have one.

All the new kingpins are like dolls, shiny on the outside, hollow on the inside.
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:24:08 AM »
I use the lesser sites.  They work well enough for me, and collect less information.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950

Offline Baruch

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 07:17:50 AM »
I use the lesser sites.  They work well enough for me, and collect less information.

So you admit they spy on you?  Conspiracy much?
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 07:20:53 AM »
So you admit they spy on you?  Conspiracy much?

No, of course.  But I do avoid the sites that collect the most and protect it least. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950

Offline trdsf

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
Likewise.  I post very sporadically on Wordpress and Ello, but I generally prefer dedicated fora like these.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief